223 Bolt Action Rifle Recommendations.

Having owned Remingtons for the last thirty years I'd say the QC for the latest production seems pretty good. But I'm biased and have even made the poor pre-bankruptcy remingtons shoot well. It seems like if you get a non adjustable Impact trigger Remarms you'll have the latest production and will be pretty safe. That's what i had on order prior to switching it for a 7mm RM ADL. Otherwise the only other factory 1-8" twist out there is the Tikka. The Remarms made sense to me since I've been to two of the Remingtons armorer's schools so I'm already tooled up for them. Pick the best one for your needs/ wants.

Easy button: Tikka CTR

Mine is the 20" 1:8 twist version. It's been outstanding out of the gate and is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I swapped the factory stock for a KRG bravo, otherwise that's all I've done. Very happy with my purchase.

View attachment 502740
x
Ditto. Mine was sub half out of box. Kids have shot thousands of squirrels with it. I've shot a few coyotes with it. Possibly the best bang for buck I've got.

I got my Remington SPS tactical today. Rifle looks well made, the Hogue stock is stiff and has a good texture, bolt throw could be smoother but not a big deal for a truck gun. Comes with a Timney trigger, not adjustable, and it's pretty heavy, not usable for me so picking up a TT special and will swap it asap. I installed today my Daniel Defense wave QD brake x the DD supresor and balances nicely. Tomorrow my SWFA 10x fixed power scope arrives, and hopefully Sunday to the range. I picked up some 72 gr ELDms let's see what it does.

I got my Remington SPS tactical today. Rifle looks well made, the Hogue stock is stiff and has a good texture, bolt throw could be smoother but not a big deal for a truck gun. Comes with a Timney trigger, not adjustable, and it's pretty heavy, not usable for me so picking up a TT special and will swap it asap. I installed today my Daniel Defense wave QD brake x the DD supresor and balances nicely. Tomorrow my SWFA 10x fixed power scope arrives, and hopefully Sunday to the range. I picked up some 72 gr ELDms let's see what it does.
Curious as to how the 72 ELD-Ms do. I have some Hornady 73 grain ELD-M on the way to try in my 1:7 LRPV.

I've only got one 6x and it's on my son's rifle. I've been considering a variable for him. I'll let you know if I find one any time time soon. Mine are all milquad though, might not work for you if you have a preference for MOA.

I'll probably be at Dietz when the sun comes up tomorrow. Try to get there and back before the family events start.

I took the rifle out today for the first time. I changed the trigger to a TT primary, nothing else was done to it. To say I'm impressed with the rifle is an understatement. I shot 3/4 inch groups with Hornady ELD M 73 gr, leaving the muzzle at 2610. This is what I was hoping for, a truck gun, accurate with factory ammo so I don't have to reload for one more cartridge with all the upfront cost.

Attachments

• IMG_2722.jpeg
    IMG_2722.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 49