Tikka T3 223 Rifle - Missing Bolt

First off, Hunter67, thank you so much for the lead! That's awesome!

Second, dad kept to himself. If it wasn't in his shop it's not anywhere else. I checked with grandpa but that's a no-go. Dad had three passions; guns, motorcycles and fast cars. We never hunted when I was a kid but we went out onto the Logging roads whenever possible to go plinking. We also raced Motocross together. Those are my memories of my father. He actually used to drag race when I was very young (and before I was around). Found a box full of time slips which was kinda cool. Fastest I've found so far is 8.87 on the quarter mile at Woodburn, OR(can't remember the speed). The man could move back in the day XD. I miss him for sure.

On accurateshooter there is a guy that has a Tikka bolt for sale in 223

Man, it sold almost imidiately. The guy was only asking $150 for it. I'm trying to contact the guy who bought it to see if he'll sell it to me at a markup but I'm not confirmed on the forum yet so I can't post.

Man, it sold almost imidiately. The guy was only asking $150 for it. I'm trying to contact the guy who bought it to see if he'll sell it to me at a markup but I'm not confirmed on the forum yet so I can't post.

You might want to look on eBay for parts also. There's a company from Colorado or in that area who gets parts from a PD from confiscated guns and sells them on eBay. Can't remember the company name, take a look on there

You might want to look on eBay for parts also. There's a company from Colorado or in that area who gets parts from a PD from confiscated guns and sells them on eBay. Can't remember the company name, take a look on there
I don't think you can sell bolts or lower receivers on eBay. It's against policy.

I don't think you can sell bolts or lower receivers on eBay. It's against policy.

I've purchased gun parts on there before; I was surprised to find them on there. I've purchased floor plated, recoil pads and a couple of stocks on there. Anyway I did check eBay, they have tactical bolt handles, but.....not bolts. I also called a couple of places for new bolts, all of the people who I contacted said to contact Beretta to see what they would do for you.

I've purchased gun parts on there before; I was surprised to find them on there. I've purchased floor plated, recoil pads and a couple of stocks on there. Anyway I did check eBay, they have tactical bolt handles, but.....not bolts. I also called a couple of places for new bolts, all of the people who I contacted said to contact Beretta to see what they would do for you.

I appriciate the effort! I did contact Beretta but haven't heard back yet.

As far as guns on ebay you can get parts. Just not bolts and lower receivers because they make the gun go boom. :)

lower receivers are firearms, FFL required.
bolts are just parts, you can buy or sell.
but yep, ebay and paypal are anti2A

Beretta support is the worst in the industry, btw.

If you really want one, and you are willing to buy new-- I told you they are expensive, you can get one, but finding a used one at a reasonable price is a better option-- too bad they are few and far between.

Beretta will sell you one, but they require you to send the rifle to them so they can check/adjust headspace

Another option if you really want one is buy a new one from midwestgunworks -- $369
They have the 12mm bolt face in stock, but the 9.6 and 13.5 are oos unfortunately. You can call them to see if you can special order or back order if you like though.

Brownells has left hand bolts for $340, maybe they can get a rh bolt for you

But when you can buy a used t3/t3x for $400 why would you buy just a bolt for $350? With a complete rifle you get 1 of everything for spares, or you can part it out and get over 1/2 your $ back.

Unfortunately a tikka without a bolt isnt worth much, but a bolt without a rifle is--- funny how that goes

Good luck with your search, let us know what you end up doing-- I'd be interested.

Maybe check your local pawn shops and see what kind of a deal they would make you on a used rifle, then part out for $

Well the guy over at accurate doesn't want to sell. Back to square one. I'll give it a couple weeks and see if anything pops up. I'm not gonna buy brand new. There's not much of a point since I'm not hunting the rifle. If I want to shoot 223 I can always take out the AR15. If I can't find a bolt cheap I'll probably just sell it as is and get what I can. Boooo

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts