7.62x39 bolt and single shot rifle recommendations.

Ok. I did not know if I was better off buying contender single shot and having a barrel made from a real good barrel maker. I know wolf ammo is poor quality. But 1 in 100 guns It seems shoot Wolf 124 GRHP 7.62x39 1 Moa to 1.2 moa like my cheap AR15 does. I want to find one In case they out law my AR15 rifle. I hate to have all this ammo and no gun to shoot with it. Wish I could find a single shot or bolt that I know for sure would shoot the cheap wolf. The problem is you never know till you plunk down your $500-$600 Now a days. Marty
I have a NEF (New England Firearms) youth single shot (break open barrel) that shoots well within a inch @ 100 yards w/ cheap ammo. I would not hesitate to buy another. I got it cheap.

Last edited:
I have a custom 7.62x39 built off a 96 Mauser shoots 1/2" at 100 with 110 varmageddon and H322. Those are clocking in an avg of 2304 FPS out of a 20" bbl. I love this little rifle. I Put a 3-15 FFP and it's a blast taking it out to 500 on steel. Makes for good practice. I have a single feed sub load with 90gr xtp and green dot that is stupid quiet with the can and pretty accurate out to 50 yds
Have ever used red dot?