7.62x39 bolt and single shot rifle recommendations.

Ok. I did not know if I was better off buying contender single shot and having a barrel made from a real good barrel maker. I know wolf ammo is poor quality. But 1 in 100 guns It seems shoot Wolf 124 GRHP 7.62x39 1 Moa to 1.2 moa like my cheap AR15 does. I want to find one In case they out law my AR15 rifle. I hate to have all this ammo and no gun to shoot with it. Wish I could find a single shot or bolt that I know for sure would shoot the cheap wolf. The problem is you never know till you plunk down your $500-$600 Now a days. Marty
I have a NEF (New England Firearms) youth single shot (break open barrel) that shoots well within a inch @ 100 yards w/ cheap ammo. I would not hesitate to buy another. I got it cheap.

Last edited:
I have a custom 7.62x39 built off a 96 Mauser shoots 1/2" at 100 with 110 varmageddon and H322. Those are clocking in an avg of 2304 FPS out of a 20" bbl. I love this little rifle. I Put a 3-15 FFP and it's a blast taking it out to 500 on steel. Makes for good practice. I have a single feed sub load with 90gr xtp and green dot that is stupid quiet with the can and pretty accurate out to 50 yds
Have ever used red dot?

Recent Posts