Looking for a New Gun

When someone is willing to lay out 2-3K for a new rifle I don't think ammo price is gonna be that big of a deal. As to the caliber, for what ever the reason, he seems to be partial to it.. This thread could go on forever... Just like what is the best oil to use in your car?

That would be Amsoil, also good on guns.

Currently been searching for a new gun to get myself later on this year.

Wanted to get some opinions on the following options -

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Browning X-Bolt Pro - 28 Nosler
Nosler Mountain Carbon - 28 Nosler

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks
Call benchmark, they could build you a nice custom for that ballbark. I recommend a tikka action. But your preferance. They are all shooters and are great to work with. Talk to Bill, or Ron.

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks
Just a vote for something different. Cooper offers rifles in 338/06. This would certainly give you lots of options for various game types.

WOW!, all I can say at this second..
*ten mins later*
Best out of the box rifle brand I know is the Sako and Tikka rifles.
Semi custom, Cooper, Montana Rifle Company, Nosler, Dakota
Browning... I have seen great ones, and I have seen pathetic ones.. it is a craps shoot

The guns, I own, I trust at long distances: Tikka 695, Sako 995, Kimber 8400 Montana, M-1A Super Match, Win 70 375 H&H (never thought I would ever say this rifle until I shot it at over 800 yards and hit a 6" X 6" steel target), and two Rem 700 custom shop specials (22-250 and 17 Rem). okay, I have had the 22-250 out to 600+ and took a few coyotes. the 17 Rem over 300 on rats and ground squirrels. not 1K but still long distance for the calibers.

I have several Brownings and am well pleased all are very accurate at 500yds that is as far as I am set up to shoot

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

I have had good luck with a Savage 110 long range hunter, in 7mm rem mag. Equipped with an Athlon ARES ETR. A similar package can be put together for $2,000 ish+. Great accuracy out to 700yds / consistently less than 1 moa. However, it may not be the best choice for the "Big NA Bears"?

28 Nosler in one of their mountain carbines, would be very fun, functional and nice. Fun to shoot out that barrel, easy to pack, if it ain't shooting right I bet they will make it right.

The Seekins Havak Pro Hunter PH2 is a really great rifle. It comes in 28 Nos and 300 Win , and several other popular cartridges, and it's at the bottom of your price range making room for that new scope.

And Seekins is running a 10% off all rifles sale for Black Friday, knocking your price down by almost $200 more....

Don't overlooked the weatherby's. Everyone is on the 6.5 cm kick (maybe it's a great gun. I don't know & I don't think I'll ever own one). If ammo price isn't an issue look at the weatherby's.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.