Looking for a New Gun

Currently been searching for a new gun to get myself later on this year.

Wanted to get some opinions on the following options -

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Browning X-Bolt Pro - 28 Nosler
Nosler Mountain Carbon - 28 Nosler

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks

$1721
Browning X-Bolt Pro Bolt Action Rifle .28 Nosler 26" Threaded Barrel 3 Rounds Composite Carbon Fiber Stock Burnt Bronze Cerakote Finish

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/bro...t-bronze-cerakote-finish/FC-023614679059.html

Currently been searching for a new gun to get myself later on this year.

Wanted to get some opinions on the following options -

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Browning X-Bolt Pro - 28 Nosler
Nosler Mountain Carbon - 28 Nosler

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks
Lots of Smiths on here that can build you a rifle for a very reasonable price. I'd look there first.

Just bought a Burgura HMR-PRO in the 300 WM understand that is not the Cal your looking for, but! Action is smooth, Trigger is Adjustable, and Adjustable Stock, SS AND Shoots well under .5moa @100 yds. WELL Under! Under MOK out past the 500 yds your looking at. (MOK) Min of Kill

X2

At a budget of 3K and the assumption that another $500-$1000 would not break the bank you could easily have a full custom built. Any factory rifle you buy will depreciate 30-40% when you walk out the door. And now all you have is a factory rifle. I can recommend a number of smiths that could turn out a rifle is short order.

I think a lot of wisdom has been offered to you regarding how to spend your money wisely.

Joe S

3k can get you into a custom rifle which will likely shoot much better than Browning or Nosler would. You are also in the cost area of a Cooper rifle with half MOA guarantees if you really want to stay with an off the shelf rifle. Just my two cents there.

Ended up ordering parts to complete a custom rifle, a gunsmith here in town is going to the work for me, I have heard nothing but good things about him. Thanks for all the help guys! - For those wondering parts alone without an optic cost about 3300, labor was 700, and going to probably spend about another 1200 on a good optic. Thanks will make another post about recommendations for an optic.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts