Looking for a New Gun

Currently been searching for a new gun to get myself later on this year.

Wanted to get some opinions on the following options -

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Browning X-Bolt Pro - 28 Nosler
Nosler Mountain Carbon - 28 Nosler

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks

28 Nosler sounds like a great long range round to me, but 500 yards really isn't that long. I've had 5 Cooper rifles and 6 full custom rifles. The Coopers all shot .5 moa or better. The custom's, 3. I think Cooper rifles could well be the best value in a premium rifle out there. I have a 6th one on order.

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

Want to confidently be able to take almost any game in North America at 500 yards without worrying about accuracy of the rifle. Thanks

I would never buy a factory rifle that comes with no guarantees. Sako, Tikka, Weatherby will be my choice as they are guaranteed to shoot sub MOA. Also the manufacturing process is far superior of Browning Rem or savage. I would also consider spending at least $2k for optics, my first "cheap" choice will be Leupold the high end optics and then the premium brands. I will burn all my equipment before I buy Vortex lol

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

:D 500-yards?
7mm Remington Magnum
160-gr. to 180-gr.
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=7mm+bullets&userItemsPerPage=24

(6.5mm) .264 Winchester Magnum
135 to 160-gr.
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=264+bullets&userItemsPerPage=24

Last edited:

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

(6.5mm) .264 Winchester Magnum rifles
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/.264-winchester-magnum/

Ammo
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/264-winchester-magnum

Last edited:

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

Man i can build you a full custom rifle for 3k . with Great components. I do it all myself and use only the best parts. [email protected]

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

browning x bolt 270 WSM

If your planning on a 28 nosler make sure you get a rifle with a long enough magazine to shoot the bullets you would like to shoot. I believe the nosler rifles have a 3.4" mag box. That probably wont work with a 195 berger. Worth looking into anyway

Budget (2,000 - 3,000)

Open to any suggestions.

$2661
Nosler M48 Mountain Carbon .28 Nosler Bolt Action Rifle 24" Carbon Fiber Threaded Barrel 3 Rounds Green Carbon Fiber Stock Gray Cerakote Finish
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/nos...ock-gray-cerakote-finish/FC-054041473484.html

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts