Looking for a new gun, likely 300 WM opnions wanted.

I have settled on the 300WM for the cal. long-range and hunting. Easy 2 get ammo. I use to buy one rifle then upgrade it because im shallow and I try to keep up with that Jones dude. I now like to buy once and cry once. Note most guns will outshoot my so let's get that out of the way. I care about weight, accuracy, looks, and feel. OK, I have a Browning hells canyon speed in 7mag with the Mcmillan stock. It shoots great and I use it to hunt Deer and Antelope. it weighs just over 6lbs without a scope. I also "had" a Christian Arms rifle in 6.5PRC. It was heaver, the Carbon fiber barrels are great but their rifles weigh just over 1 lb more. I was looking at the Browning Hells Canyon BAR mk3 semi-auto. Here I'm thinking of hunting more than long distance. Maybe less recoil? Now another brand I have seen is the Fierce rifle. Very light. But maybe too light for recoil? I donot know. Ideas, another brand? not on the Bergera or Tika bandwagon.
Take a look at cooper model 92 its 92 ounces in 300 wsm

I have a Hells Canyon LR McMillan off the shelf that is a nice accurate shooter (sub MOA at 400 yds). Recoil is actually less than my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 (before I swapped the stock), I think my next rifle will be a 28 Nosler just because.

kick me all over if you want, but I find less expensive guns work well for me. Weatherby Vanguard and Remington 700 (multiple variations), have worked very well for me. Buy the best scope mounts and rings, and a good scope. Most scopes I trust are $600 and up. I shoot factory ammo. Sometimes I have to search for a load, other times I find the best one after one or two chances.

If you build a 300WM on a rifle base with a 3.7" mag box (minimum length) there is not a bullet out there that does not work in this cartridge, therefore, the notion that the 300PRC is somehow superior to the WM is laughable. Case design has very little to do with accuracy, heck, even a 30-30 can print a one hole group in the CORRECT rifle.

Their ballistics are near on identical.
Again, a belt is NOT inaccurate, if this were so, then no 300WM built would shoot worth a darn...true??
My 264WM is belted, and it is just as accurate as my other comp guns. 1/4 MoA or better is how I gauge my accuracy.
Build on a Rem 700 in 300WM and never look back. Tons of brass to choose from and tons of factory ammo too.

Cheers.

Thank you all, I'm new to the Magnum world. I am trying to not overthink the caliber, The seal team members around here shoot 300wm, 338LM. I'm not a seal more like a sea turtle but if it is good enough for them I figure its too good for me. I don't know the ups and downs about belted ammo. I know what it is but that is it. If I build one myself or buy the parts and have my gunsmith do the work, That may be the way to go. I do like buying it ready , tested and tuned. I will check out all the brands mentioned here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.