Longest Bobcat ever... .

Wow nice shot ,sweet rifle... u must be able to shoot bobcats year round down there , huh. Do the cats fur ever get prime down there. Proubly not To hot to get any decent fur down there. But then again Mabey not . Somebody chin in that knows about Texas and the fur market.

Wow nice shot ,sweet rifle... u must be able to shoot bobcats year round down there , huh. Do the cats fur ever get prime down there. Proubly not To hot to get any decent fur down there. But then again Mabey not . Somebody chin in that knows about Texas and the fur market.
If you want pretty this is the time of year to get them.

If you want thick Jan/Feb is prime time.

Back when fur was worth something I got as high as 285.00 for a nice coyote, and up to 500.00 for a prime bobcat.

Hell we used to get as high as 15.00 for a coon!

Idiot liberals!

Yes you can shoot predators and varmints year round in Texas.

Wildrose,
I knew that country looked familar. Great story and great shooting. We have a little shooting range over here between Rhineland and Benjamin; full skeet course, rimfire and pistol silouette, and a few rams and pigs from 500 to 1160. When the weather cools down we usually have a shoot on Sunday afternoons, I'll send you a PM when we start back if you're interested in anything like that.

Wildrose,
I knew that country looked familar. Great story and great shooting. We have a little shooting range over here between Rhineland and Benjamin; full skeet course, rimfire and pistol silouette, and a few rams and pigs from 500 to 1160. When the weather cools down we usually have a shoot on Sunday afternoons, I'll send you a PM when we start back if you're interested in anything like that.
Well at the rate that's going I'll see you in about February... HA! **** it was back to 112 here today. They said on the radio it was still 108 at kickoff.

If we can make the time I'll gladly take you up on it one day.

Tremendous shot!
Only 3 boxes left out of 1000 rounds? Sounds like you will have to find a new pet load pretty soon.:D

That is awesome! That is too cool! Great pictures and awesome story! Great shooting, I hope to reach the 7,8,900 and 1,000 yard club one daygun):)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.