Longest recorded rifleshot ever?

sscoyote

Does anybody know what it is? I'm aware of Kreg Slack's 3125 yd. prairie dog, but has there been anything farther on a live target??

Dowierj

ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. I dont know exactly the distance but it was with a mcMillian 50. I guess us candians can brag bout that since it broke a record from vietnam, and that was Carlos Hathcocks kill at about 2500 with a 50.

littletoes

Heard he was happy to have the American ammo. Said he couldn't have done it with the Canadian stuff. It's loaded to "cool".

4ked Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen the picture of this? It was floating around on the web for a while.

Strong medicine.

dakor

Can someone tell us Craigs info with the rig he used and what type of scope? that kinda thing I cannot find anything on the net.

Dowierj

Not bad shootin Kregg,

Took the shot under combat conditions hey? That must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance. Looks like they were in real danger. Great work by our snipers but the media sure sucks at telling a story....

Randy in Va

Dowierj,

Couldn't help but notice the sarcasm in your last post about "must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance". I doubt it was stressful, but you can bet the guy on the pointy end will not be flying planes into a building, ferrying RPG's around or anything else hurtful to our country.

Please don't tell me he was just delivering the mail!

sscoyote

Welcome Kregg.
Hey Dakor-- check out www.slrharbor.com for the article about the two mile attempts also.

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

JustC

dakor,..that 3125yd shot can be researched in the book "precision shooting at 1000yds". I beleive it was made with a 338lapua from some looong barrel and a scope base which looked to be 1ft in height.

QuietHunter

Welcome Kregg. Nice shooting. Neat techniques.

BTW, you might want to run a spell check on your web site...

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce