Longest recorded rifleshot ever?

sscoyote

Does anybody know what it is? I'm aware of Kreg Slack's 3125 yd. prairie dog, but has there been anything farther on a live target??

ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. I dont know exactly the distance but it was with a mcMillian 50. I guess us candians can brag bout that since it broke a record from vietnam, and that was Carlos Hathcocks kill at about 2500 with a 50.

Heard he was happy to have the American ammo. Said he couldn't have done it with the Canadian stuff. It's loaded to "cool".
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>ya like 2700 yard, by a canadian sniper in afganistan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen the picture of this? It was floating around on the web for a while.

Strong medicine.

Can someone tell us Craigs info with the rig he used and what type of scope? that kinda thing I cannot find anything on the net.

Not bad shootin Kregg,
shocked.gif

Took the shot under combat conditions hey? That must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance. Looks like they were in real danger. Great work by our snipers but the media sure sucks at telling a story....

Dowierj,

Couldn't help but notice the sarcasm in your last post about "must have been really stressful having to engage a target at that distance". I doubt it was stressful, but you can bet the guy on the pointy end will not be flying planes into a building, ferrying RPG's around or anything else hurtful to our country.

Please don't tell me he was just delivering the mail!

Welcome Kregg.
Hey Dakor-- check out www.slrharbor.com for the article about the two mile attempts also.

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

[ 04-14-2004: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

dakor,..that 3125yd shot can be researched in the book "precision shooting at 1000yds". I beleive it was made with a 338lapua from some looong barrel and a scope base which looked to be 1ft in height.
shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.