Long Range Reticle Thread

Tangent Theta MOA-ER

IMG_6166.jpeg

I bought the razor hd light 4.5-22x50 xls-2 ffp . It clicked all of my boxes . I haven't used it yet though waiting for the project to arrive from " Fiftydriver" !! 🤣

In my opinion the Nightforce ffp mil-xt is hard to beat for hunting and precision rifle matches. It is easy to dial and hold wind or just use the reticle at any magnification.
My daughter prefers the NF ffp mil-c for its simplicity
I prefer the Nightforce FFP MOAR illuminated version because it is technically more accurate 1/4" vs 1/3" in fine adjustments when you consider long range that can make a big difference on first shot impacts. Adjustments after that are on the shooter and his ability to read everything.

I have the Kahler skmr4 on my 30 nosler. A bmr 5x25 x5i Swarovski on my 280ai. A Leopold Boone and Crocket reticle on my Weatherby 270.
200 to 25 yards the Boon and Crocket reticle is quick and easy to obtain a sight pic. But out farther I do like the dot on the Kahles. The Swarovski being 2nd focal is good at fifty out for me. I have used the Kahles this year on seven pigs out to 351 not far but the dot did help put hit exactly where I wanted at 15to 18 power. The better glass does help my old eyes out past 300.
The Kahles , the bmr, and the Crocket.
I have also been looking at the Steiner T6 but I have not heard much on this site about these scopes

Attachments

• IMG_4326.png
    IMG_4326.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4327.png
    IMG_4327.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4328.png
    IMG_4328.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 59
I really like my gunwerks G7 in my night force nxs!
As much as I like the Vortex EBR-2C Christmas Tree, I really prefer reticles like the one Larson posted here:

1710048887983.png

Admittedly, I have not owned an optic with that reticle, but the pointed, bottom post and pointed horizontal posts work very well for me. The Christmas Trees are nice, but the simplicity of the above, for my eyes, allows for faster target acquisition. This particular reticle would be better with slightly longer "skinny" sections, but that's nit-picking...

View attachment 550163
I'm really liking the MOA-2 reticle they have. Do you have hands on experience with these scopes ? Are they worth the money ? They seemed priced well enough. But how are they on durability ? How are they on low light situations ? Is the reticle still visible at dusk & dawn ? I hunt along the edge of woods & field.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the MOA-2 reticle they have. Do you have hands on experience with these scopes ? Are they worth the money ? They seemed priced well enough. But how are they on durability ? How are they on low light situations ? Is the reticle still visible at dusk & dawn ? I hunt along the edge of woods & field.
Recently looked through one at the range, seems well made.

Recent Posts