Long Range Reticle Thread

C.O. Shooter

I couldn't seem to find a thread that showed various long range reticles in one thread, so I thought I would start one.

This may benefit someone looking to purchase a new scope with popular long range reticles.

Please post your favorite reticle that you use on your long range rifles.

The MOAR(T) is my favorite hands down. I have a standard MOAR in an NXS and two MOAR-T in ATACR's.

IMG_2721.jpeg

Other Nightforce reticles: https://www.nightforceoptics.com/reticles/second-focal-plane/minute-of-angle-moa-second-focal-plane/

I love the MOAR, but the MOAR-T is a bit faint. I just took two shots at my 910 yard gong, one with a .338 Lapua with an ATACR MOAR-T and the other with a .300 RUM NXS 5.5-22X with a standard MOAR. The MOAR-T is so fine it is often difficult to see. Yes, teh MOAR is thicker and subtends more, but definitely easier to see against dark targets.

Here is a picture of Schmidt and Bender's P5Fl reticle at 300m, on a 6-36x56. First one is at 6x and the other at 36x. Not my scope or picts, but I like the reticle. Too bad it didn't have dark outer lines that would serve as a duplex at 6x. As is, it is a target reticle for sure.

S&B 6-36x56 p5fl at 6x and 300m.jpg

S&B 6-36x56 p5fl at 36x and 300m.jpg

Here is a picture of Schmidt and Bender's P5Fl reticle at 300m, on a 6-36x56. First one is at 6x and the other at 36x. Not my scope or picts, but I like the reticle. Too bad it didn't have dark outer lines that would serve as a duplex at 6x. As is, it is a target reticle for sure.

View attachment 529777

View attachment 529779
Exactly why I don't like F1 reticles - low power is useful at shorter ranges, when you often need to shoot quickly. Too much time lost trying to find the reticle at lower magnification.

Exactly why I don't like F1 reticles - low power is useful at shorter ranges, when you often need to shoot quickly. Too much time lost trying to find the reticle at lower magnification.

Unless you get a more functional F1 reticle like that in the Tangent Theta Long Range Hunter. That said, at 3x it is not large, but noticeable. Wonder how it will look with illumination on or with the reticle against the dark woods in the background?

As with the P5fl, not my scope or photos. Range 125 yards to cow.

3x
Tangent Theta Long Range Hunter reticle_125 yards_3x.jpg

6x
Tangent Theta Long Range Hunter reticle_125 yards_6x.jpg

10x
Tangent Theta Long Range Hunter reticle_125 yards_10x.jpg

15x
Tangent Theta Long Range Hunter reticle_125 yards_15x.jpg

I couldn't seem to find a thread that showed various long range reticles in one thread, so I thought I would start one.

This may benefit someone looking to purchase a new scope with popular long range reticles.

Please post your favorite reticle that you use on your long range rifles.

The MOAR(T) is my favorite hands down. I have a standard MOAR in an NXS and two MOAR-T in ATACR's.

View attachment 528794

Other Nightforce reticles: https://www.nightforceoptics.com/reticles/second-focal-plane/minute-of-angle-moa-second-focal-plane/
And not available in the NX8…disappointing (MOART)

View attachment 529777

View attachment 529779
I would be happy with the dot being lit up. As far as for hunting.

I would love to see a pict of the P5fl lit up on lower power with a shaded or dark background. Curious how well that center dot and the four lines surrounding it appear.
Sorry I didn't catch that it had the illumination. But I'm thinking about cashing my change in to get one of these scopes with the best reticle.
Once all are provided. And I decide which I like the best. I would like to see some testing done with these also on low light hunting situations.

Last edited:

Recent Posts