Leupold warranty service

I sent in an older vx3 4.5-14 for warranty work two months ago. Scope would not hold zero. Got the scope back after a week or so with a bunch of internals replaced. I assume if they were going to replace your scope they would at least send an email.

It's been a few years but my experience with Leupold service has been excellent! I have had to send a few scopes back due to turret/tracking issues. The scopes were repaired quickly(couple of weeks) with no issues since.

That seems awfully inappropriate. Grubby seems to be asking reasonable questions and engaging in a dialogue, nothing more.
nasty remark. even if true. was asking a viable question. i have used warranty once, and my scope , a vari x 3 was repaired no questions. i have about 30 leoplds, vx 2's to mk 8s. i love leopolds, and i have s&b, nightforce, zeiss, vortex razors, kahles as well. dollar for dollar, i like leopolds!

Sent an older vx3 in one time that I couldn't turn the mag ring on. I was paid to play football at one time so I figure I've got enough grip strength to turn it if it was possible. They sent it back all good but with a note - "nothing wrong".

could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service?
The only time I have used their warranty service was last year. I had a Leupold Competition 45x45mm scope, that to me just didn't appear clear and sharp as another Comp scope. I was aware their custom shop was shut down during this time period. But I sent it in describing my observations (not knowing how long or if they would address my perceived issue). About 4 weeks later, I received notice my scope was shipping. I will attach the work order on my scope. I was overjoyed with the correction and thought the timing was fast, all things considered.
Pic 12.jpg

I sent in a vx6, holding zero/tracking issues and a hair in side the scope across the field of view. I had been in the process of switching over all of my vx3, 5 and 6s over to mark 5, so on the form I offered to have them replace my illuminated vx6 for a non illuminated mark 5. Was several hundred retail dollars lower than the vx6 (Figured it was worth a shot). They sent me my vx6, same housing and serial number with new internals and cleaned up/replaced reticle.

I sent in a vx6, holding zero/tracking issues and a hair in side the scope across the field of view. I had been in the process of switching over all of my vx3, 5 and 6s over to mark 5, so on the form I offered to have them replace my illuminated vx6 for a non illuminated mark 5. Was several hundred retail dollars lower than the vx6 (Figured it was worth a shot). They sent me my vx6, same housing and serial number with new internals and cleaned up/replaced reticle.
And then I tuned around and sold the scope and bought a mark 5. 😂😉

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924
I had a VXII 30years old that ended up on the wrong side of a pack horse that slipped on rocks. The tube was dented and eventually fogged up. I sent it to them, They replaced it after contacting me to see if the replacement they were considering was ok with me. I am happy as a hog in the mud with the replacement.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?

View attachment 334924
I'll never buy another Leupold Scope, I sent my tactical scope to them 3 times and problem never got fixed, nor would they replace it. They said it worked fine, but I still couldn't adjust the eye piece to see my reticle clearly. I have no problem adjusting any other brand of scope, to see reticle clearly.

Nothing but good things to say about Leupold. I wouldn't worry. They will take care of you. I'm probably biased but I'm a customer for life

View attachment 334924
A few years ago I sent a 30 year old 1x4 vari X 1 that had a broken vertical adjustment knob. That particular scope had been discontinued, but Leupold replaced it free of charge with a brand new 1x4 scope. variable.

I sent in a very old ( finish turned purple) vx2. They called and asked if I wanted a new scope or to have mine repaired. They were very nice and informative. Told me I could have it replaced once. I asked them to send the old purple one back and they did.

Something like that just happened to me. A 30 year old VX 2 3 x 9 was just not bright and clear and was not adjusting correctly ,so I sent it back to Leupold ; they contacted me, said something was wrong with the adjustments and seals . they also told me they no longer make VX 2 scopes , so they sent me a Brand new 3x9 Freedom Model. Now lately the old VX 2 scope was only used as a back up scope on my deer rifle. So in the event my VX3 2.5X to 8X on a 1 inch tube , was damaged during a hunt , I had the old 3x9 as a back up. Now this new Leupold 3x9 will also live the travel bin and serve as the new back up scope , just in case. I'm a big Leupold Fan, I must own 11 or 12 Leupold scopes and their customer service Department has always been excellent to me.