Leupold warranty service

When I was a kid we bought guns and ammo, even handguns out of state at both Whites and Western Auto, Gibson's and Gebo's.

Dad also had an FFL so we could do out of state transfers for people.

Those were the days. Even our little hardware store carried guns, ammo and a limited supply or reloading components and that was in a town of less than one thousand. We barely had a thousand in the whole zip code including the farmers and ranchers on rural routes.
Those were the days for sure and I miss them dearly. Coast to Coast Hardware was the only place within 50 miles of us back then that we could drive to fondle a gun and my dad new the owner of the local one so my first 3 or 4 guns came from there. Good memories for sure.

Those were the days for sure and I miss them dearly. Coast to Coast Hardware was the only place within 50 miles of us back then that we could drive to fondle a gun and my dad new the owner of the local one so my first 3 or 4 guns came from there. Good memories for sure.
Yeah... good days, ;) I bought my first AR15 with the 3x Colt scope in the early '70s from Ernst Hardware.

Amarillo Hardware was our wholesaler we dealt with all the time.

"Those were the days".

If scope cannot be repaired they will upgrade you to the nearest like model. Also, they will give you credit value of the current replacement scope if you chose to get say a Mark5 HD

I had a 2x EER scope to rattled and could not be repaired. That model is discontinued 4x only available now. For the extra $200 I upgraded to the 2-8.

Leupold is the best

Just received my Mk4 back and it looks brand new - very pleased. They informed me that they had to work the whole eye piece assembly, reticle, and some of the erector system was completely replaced. Looking forward to putting it on my LMT MWS and sending some down range.. Thanks for all the feedback!

I was ciphering through all the replies. I'm no luepold fan, but I had two 22 year old scopes crap the bed. The 3-12x50 vxiii and a 1.5x5 vxiii. They completely repaired the 3-12. It looks brand new. New turrets (elevated, finger adjustable turrets, when it was sent it in it had a slit to use a penny) new lens, new erector assembly. They also polished it or something bc the ring marks are gone. They completely replaced the 1.5x5 with the new VX3HD 1.5x5. The entire "fiasco" only took a month.

Pretty happy to say the least.

Wish my 6X36 w/AO could have been fixed but they are sending me a 3-9x33 with AO to replace it. Scope is used on 541-S 22LR for Sporter Rimfire Comp and hunting so light weight and close focus/parallax is a requirement. On 5th week of waiting.

Wish my 6X36 w/AO could have been fixed but they are sending me a 3-9x33 with AO to replace it. Scope is used on 541-S 22LR for Sporter Rimfire Comp and hunting so light weight and close focus/parallax is a requirement. On 5th week of waiting.

After receiving my Mark4 back and mounting it on my LMT MWS I figured I would try and send in an old spotting scope I had that had damage on the inside and I just set it in the garage for ages. It was a Leupold Sequoia 20-60 X 80mm that I picked up for $200. They are sending me a SX-2 ALPINE HD 20-60X80MM. Not going to complain at all and pretty **** happy - 2 for 2. Cheers
TX Grubby

I have some antique Leupold scopes in active current use. My top swap with them with the old 24x M8 Target Scope from the 1970's. Leupold replaced my fifty year old scope with a FX-25. That scope was discontinued shortly afterward. I don't care. The scope works well and looks good on my Savage BSEV 22 LR. rifle.

Looks like my brand new Leupold 3.5-10x40 may have a problem. Gunsmith and I shot it at the range. Sure looked like there was a problem with adjustments. I'll try to get the scope back to Leupold this coming week. If the scope is OK then we have to go inside the rifle searching for the problem(s). I do not want to go there. This is the first time I ever wished for a malfunctioning scope.

Apparently my replacement scope is still on "BACKORDER", it's been over 5 weeks since the replacement scope was selected.

Most any place I have shopped Leupold scopes are listed as "out of stock." In doing shopping many items are out stock with list prices. I suspect this shortage had to do with the lock downs.

L

The more I keep reading this thread the more I rethink my next scope purchase. Warranty is definitely important and Leupold's is second to none. I did drop by my LGS today and almost pulled out my wallet on a VX6HD 3-18X50 with the BC reticle. It is about $1K and 5 ozs less than what I thought I was going with.