SWFA Warranty Service

benchracer

I have had an SWFA SS 10x42mm scope mounted on a Remington 700 VS for about ten years now. It is an older model with rear focus, Mil-Dot reticle, and MOA turrets. A few months ago, the indicator on the windage knob came loose and began to spin with the knob when I made adjustments.

Today, I finally got around to calling SWFA to see about getting it repaired. Knowing that they have a trade-in program, I had decided to ask about having it repaired and then trading it toward the same model scope with the newer Mil-Quad reticle. SWFA customer service responded with an order number, an RMA number, asked me to send my current scope in and they would replace it with the newer model. I only had to pay to ship my existing scope to them. No questions asked.

In my eyes, this was more than fair and far exceeded my expectations. I have 3 SWFA scopes, all purchased because they offer ruggedness, repeatability, and value for the dollar. Now I know, from personal experience, that Customer Service can be added to that list. For anyone who needs a TRUE long range optic, but has to do it on a budget, I am a believer that SWFA SS scopes are the way to go. There are better scopes out there, but I don't know of any that deliver the same value.

I have had an SWFA SS 10x42mm scope mounted on a Remington 700 VS for about ten years now. It is an older model with rear focus, Mil-Dot reticle, and MOA turrets. A few months ago, the indicator on the windage knob came loose and began to spin with the knob when I made adjustments.

Today, I finally got around to calling SWFA to see about getting it repaired. Knowing that they have a trade-in program, I had decided to ask about having it repaired and then trading it toward the same model scope with the newer Mil-Quad reticle. SWFA customer service responded with an order number, an RMA number, asked me to send my current scope in and they would replace it with the newer model. I only had to pay to ship my existing scope to them. No questions asked.

In my eyes, this was more than fair and far exceeded my expectations. I have 3 SWFA scopes, all purchased because they offer ruggedness, repeatability, and value for the dollar. Now I know, from personal experience, that Customer Service can be added to that list. For anyone who needs a TRUE long range optic, but has to do it on a budget, I am a believer that SWFA SS scopes are the way to go. There are better scopes out there, but I don't know of any that deliver the same value.

That's always nice to know. Thanks for sharing.

I love my SWFA scopes. I competed in my first PRS match Jan 3-6th. It was difficult to say the least. My rifle and scope got knocked around a ton. It was a partnered matched and my buddy dropped my rifle during a buddy switch lane. The first event for the next day was one cold bore shot at the bullseye at 100 yards. Inside the circle was 1pt, on the axis was 3pts, and a direct bullseye was 5pts. It was 630 in the morning and still super dark out. Below is a pic of how the scope performed after having the crap beat out of it. I'm so glad I switched to SWFA.

98365F54-7437-4B11-B9A1-83F07AB3998D.jpeg

300, i really want to get their 3-15 scope for a hunting gun on a 338 win mag, but after loosing a real nice buck because i couldn't see the cross hairs, i vowed to only get illuminated reticles in the future. can you make an accurate shot on a deer sized animal with the swfa when it's low light?

Good to know about SWFA's good customer service. I have an SWFA 3 - 15 x 42, FFP, mil/mil & side focus. It is on my high end 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro until I get a MARCH 3 - 24 x 42 on it.

Then the SWFA goes on my .300 Win mag Browning A-Bolt Stainless stalker.

Both my Brownings are stainless barreled actions. The A-Bolt has a black Teflon aftermarket coating and the X-Bolt Pro has burnt bronze Cerakote factory coating on everything (including my Talley rings).

Eric B.

300, i really want to get their 3-15 scope for a hunting gun on a 338 win mag, but after loosing a real nice buck because i couldn't see the cross hairs, i vowed to only get illuminated reticles in the future. can you make an accurate shot on a deer sized animal with the swfa when it's low light?

Everyone's eyes are different. I could see the target at 630. There were crappy range lights on that I think made it way worse. You had two minutes to find your card and then engage. I spotted my card with my number above it, which I thought was a feat unto itself, but it was definitely hard trying to find the bullseye in the center of the card.

If it's an open field and it's 550 pm, yeah the SWFA will definitely get it done. If it's 605 pm and you're hunting planted pines, I would get an illuminated reticle. Another issue is the FFP. All FFP scopes do this though. At the 3x setting the crosshairs are super fine. It's good for quick snap shots, or running game (if you're comfortable with that), but I would not use 3x for low light. I usually set it around 8-10x for low light shooting. 15x is the best. The crosshairs are thick and really stand out, but now you have a 15x optic. Where I hunt in Georgia, you only really need a 4-6x. I've hunted in the range with it and I've shot in the rain. No issues at all in those types of low light settings. Weather didn't bother the scope one bit.

So anyway, it's all in how your eyes are, FFP scopes have their draw backs, will the SWFA work? Yes definitely. If you don't want to risk it at all, get the 5-20 illuminated model.

I hope I answered your question.

EPILOGUE: I received the replacement scope a day earlier than projected. I mounted it on my rifle and finally had the opportunity to use it this past weekend.

Got an initial zero at 100, then moved back to 500 yards. Zeroed @ 500 in four rounds and proceeded to shoot a load development ladder. The Mil-Quad reticle, along with turrets that match, is a HUGE upgrade! The center of the reticle, mil diamonds, and 1/2 mil hashmarks are much finer, more precise, easier, and faster to use in comparison to a conventional mil-dot reticle.

My rifle is, once again, match ready. Looking forward to Saturday!!

That's great news. I have more and more faith in SWFA's products and customer service.

At first I thought it was just another relatively inexpensive scope to put on my inexpensive 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator. But with continued use on two different and very accurate 6.5 CM rifles I see it is a tremendous bargain for its very high quality and even higher durability. Love its accurate tracking.

Eric B.

I recently had a very good experience with their customer service on a 5-20 HD I sent in that stopped holding zero after years of not ever missing a beat. Don't know what was wrong, they didn't say and it dosent matter to me as they are shipping me a brand new scope to replace. Top notch product and company.

I've owned numerous SWFA SS scopes over the years, but have never needed to use the warranty. I've always sold them when upgrading, and I'm really not sure why, because they're fantastic little scopes for what they cost. Maybe I should grab another to keep around as a spare... ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts