Leupold warranty service

TX Grubby

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

1643296689777.png

It would probably depend on what the problem is. If they can fix it, that would be their first choice. Not too long ago I sent in an ER/T 8.5-25X50. I had purchased it used, and the elevation turret would stick and then spin freely. The screw on the turret was so boogered that nothing I tried would fit. I couldn't loosen it or tighten it. I had the same concern as you, but the scope was worthless as it was, so I went ahead and sent it. Several weeks later I received my scope back. They replaced the screw, the turret, and the reticle (H58). No charge. Grateful and impressed.

If they decide it's best to replace the scope, they will call you and discuss options. I sent in a VX3 and they called me and asked what magnification , objective, and tube size I wanted.

Also I sent them another scope that was about 30 years old and would not hold zero. They completely rebuilt it and sent me a list of what was wrong and what they did to fix each issue. I was impressed.

Back in the early 80's I had a V X ll 3-9 that started to drift after we both fell out of a tree stand.I loved that scope but they sent me a brand new V X lll 4-10 at no cost.
In 2014 a friend and I were elk hunting and dropped his V X lll 6.5-20 scope going down a steep hill the rifle and scope tumbled about 20 feet and bent it in the middle.That afternoon he called Leupold and told them on the 1st day of elk season on a Saturday afternoon and they said to send a pic of dent and a pic of serial number and to send in the scope.They sent him a brand new scope the same as he had and it got to his house Tuesday evening.Now that is service.
He sent Leupold a pic of his elk and big ole thanks.Can't beat that service!
I bet they send you a great scope as good or better!

I had a $200 pair of Leupold binos…those broke when they fell of my leg in a ground blind - so a two foot fall onto dirt horked up the eyepiece. But they did replace with binos that were several levels up bc they didn't have mine in stock (I live in Oregon at the time and went in person). Replaced them while I waited…