Leupold warranty service

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924
Why would you say no to a new or rebuilt scope? It could save you months vs having to wait for your scope to be repaired assuming it can be repaired.

What I know about Leupold is that as rare as it is to need them to warranty a scope they've always been fantastic even when I had to send in a scope made back in the sixties or seventies decades later.

You are worried that they may send you a brand new scope of better quality vs the mk4.....
Wow...all the worries...
It's actually a valid concern. I had to send a scope in for repair (twice) from another big name company, and after the second time, they replaced it with what was theoretically a better model, but it was the wrong reticle (among other differences) and when I pointed it out I was basically told to pound sand.

Last edited:
You look to social media to become informed? Why not sent an email to Leupold, or call them, since they are the only informed that matters? You checked the box "NO" so what even matters?
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to ask others what kind of warranty service they've had from any manufacturer.

It's actually a valid concern. I had to send a scope in for repair (twice) from another big name company, and after the second time they replaced it with what was theoretically a better model, but it was the wrong reticle (among other differences) and when I pointed it out I was basically told to pound sand.
You won't get that kind of treatment from Leupold.

You look to social media to become informed? Why not sent an email to Leupold, or call them, since they are the only informed that matters? You checked the box "NO" so what even matters?
Actually I DO look on specifically themed forums to "Learn" about things the forums cover. Many people on this forum as well as numerous others that I am a part of provide insight on a great many things. I am surprised that you wouldn't think that.
and yes, in that screen shot the box is checked no but the option is changable via the Leupold website when you create the request - so that doesnt matter at all.
Cheers and have a great evening.

Quite profound this particular thread has some Leupold advocates, generally most want to try to convince folks how bad they are. I realize there is still time for that! Then there is 25 pages of nonfactual information. How would someone make heads or tails from that? It is always Leupold that someone tries to defame and say how great their imported Vortex, Tasco etc. is. Social media is not very informative unless you know the source. Look at some of the threads that ask simple questions, there are 25 pages of answers and likely 2-3 or less that agree. If you wanted to create that just ask the question? You will get pages of answers, then sort through them, try to get an answer if that is what you are looking for. I have seen numerous folks come on here and make postings to get their counts up and then scam folks. Carry on Grubby!

I just put my Mk IV on my 6.5,I needed a new turret dial.They sent me one N/C.Still a nice 20x scope,and not to heavy.Spent 4 years on my light ,braked 338NM.

I am sure you will get it worked out. I've never had a problem with 10 or so I have purchased, but based on the feedback of others, i will continue to sleep well at night if I ever have to.

That seems awfully inappropriate. Grubby seems to be asking reasonable questions and engaging in a dialogue, nothing more.
Probably painted with a broad brush, nevertheless a true statement. Was meant as a general statement. There is currently an actor on here posting that is going to get some poor soul. And administration knows!!