Leupold warranty service

If every company had customer service like leupold, the world would be a better place.

Best company to deal with in my experience.

Over the past 40 years, I have purchased several Leupold scopes and two pairs of binos. The only time I approached Leupold for a problem was when a plastic swivel on a the strap of a brand new pair of binos broke about seven or eight years ago. I live 2 miles from their Beaverton, OR headquarters. I took the strap in to their receptionist and asked if they could replace it. She made a phone call and in a couple of minutes a man came to the front desk with a box. It was a new pair of binos. He asked if I had my pair of binos in the car so they could trade it for the new pair. I told them the binos were fine and I just needed the strap replaced. I actually had to argue with them for a while, until the man finally said ok and told me to wait a few minutes. He left and returned with a new strap. Amazing.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?
Here is the question from the warranty request. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 334924

I have a safe full of Leupols, some that I have had since 1970. My last experience with Leupold service was with a Leupold VARIX II, 3X9 scope that came with a donor rifle that I picked up for $400 (scope and rifle). I knew that Leupold would honor their warranty if the scope needed replacement as I thought it would. So.....I went through the process, got that same questionnaire that you are concerned about and checked the box for repair/replace as a yes. I had no sentimental value to this scope, I only wanted it repaired or replaced, period. After a few months I received an email stating that they wanted to replace the scope which I agreed to. They sent me one of their Tactical models (cannot remember which one), 2 X 10 with a custom turret. The scope was worth more than the donor rifle and the original scope. It was like an $800-900 scope. I wouldn't be too concerned about this questionnaire.

Just to reemphasize the answer to the original question, you did (in my opinion) the right thing to check NO on that question. It changes nothing about what Leupold will do for you warranty-wise, it just means they will call you to discuss what the replacement should be if they are unable to repair your scope. Typically, you will have options to choose from.

I can't imagine why anyone would select otherwise, except that it is possible to misinterpret the question as meaning you are opting out of a replacement by checking NO, but this is not the case.

Cheers,
Rex

Leupold will repair things that have nothing to do with their warranty, I have a friend that ran over his binos with a 3/4 Ton Ford, they were broken in half, he sent them in and 3 days later he received a new pair. Another pal rolled his 4-wheeler and broke his stock and scope in half, he asked me if I thought they would repair the scope, I told him, no way, this is obvious abuse, I sent the scope in for him, and it came back so fast I thought they just took one look at it and mailed it back. They sent a new scope that was a more expensive model than the one we sent in. Now for the cake winner, my son's house burned to the ground, his scopes were in a gun safe, they were all black and scorched. I sent them in asking if the lenses could be used and the scopes possibly rebuilt. They sent a large box with new scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars. I don't know of any other company that takes better care of their customers than Leupold.

I had a VX from the 1970s. Gold ring. When you zoomed from three to 9 the cross hairs moved over and up and did not stay centered in sight picture. They cleaned it, got it working, sent it back with a letter saying that it was old, no parts, and Do Not send it back. No more service no warranty and No replacement. It stopped working again...so it became a one power scope. I gave it away. Good clear glass.

Question for you folks - could anyone share their experience with Leupold warranty service? I recently sent in a Leupold Mark IV 8.5-25x50. One of the questions on the warranty request got me thinking and a little concerned. As the Mark IVs are now discontinued, would Leupold automatically replace my optic and send something else out to me rather than work on something that no longer a current market value for them?

View attachment 334924
They replaced and upgraded my binoculars as the ones sent in were no longer in production. You have zero worries with Leupold. Bet you will still be reading replies when you get a repaired or replaced optic. That's why all my glass is Leupold.

THAT IS WHY WE BUY LEUPOLD IT GETS TAKEN CARE OF I have sent scopes back in for correction. They take care of you.

View attachment 334924
I lived 7 miles from them in Beaverton for many years...my wife worked there. You send a scope of theirs in for any reason and they will rebuild it, or replace it (in some cases) at no charge. They built it....they can rebuild it with new parts. Not usually a big deal at all. Good service in my experiences but only ever needed service one time. Very good company

THAT IS WHY WE BUY LEUPOLD IT GETS TAKEN CARE OF I have sent scopes back in for correction. They take care of you.
yes they do...my wife worked there for a few years..they will rebuild your old one with new parts...it is what they do and do well..

In the 80's I loaned out my rifle with a 3x9 Leo on it to a trusted friend. This man still had buck fever and ran down the mountain to chase deer that he thought he hit. He tripped and broke off the front glass along with the AO and so I sent it to Leu and I received what looked like a brand new scope a while later. I was shocked. I would rate their war service a 10+

Close to five years ago I sent Leupold a Delta Point pistol red dot sight that wouldn't turn on. They replaced it with a new Delta Point Pro. Great upgrade and customer service in my experience. I have a lot of faith in the company.