Labradar tripod

I have the long shot mini tripod from Midway usa. I added a arca rail to the lab and arca clamp to the tripod and the whole thing is around 40.00 total using amazon rail/clamp.

Feenix
I like the looks of your setup over the top. I can do this with my tripod setup and then I won't have to worry about muzzle blast from the brake. I was wondering if you could share what setting you use internally for your Lab setup this way. (inches from barrel, trigger sensitivity,) I would like to set it up just over the top of the muzzle end of the scope so I can still reach it. My usual position has been left side 6-12" to side in front of muzzle brake which makes it hard to reach but it works there. ie: large caliber blast.
My internal height setting is 18" and 1 or 2 sensitivity with the trigger works for me. As far as position, it is as shown by @jimbires.

I use my fiesol ct3342 with RRS leveling base, that I use for shooting and everything rifle related. It has an arca mount. I set it as low as possible above my rifle. I got 2 fps difference on an average and .4fps sd difference between it and my magento speed in a comparison test over the weekend. Setting it as low as possible above my rifle, I could get consistent readings on my 6.5 147 gr bullets out to 100 yds. If I set it up at the first leg position, instead of the lower second leg position, it only tracked consistently out to 50 yds, and the average from that string was 10fps lower than either the magneto or the other strings with the Labradar.

Besides the small tripod I use, the best thing is a recoil trigger like someone posted above. I shoot suppressed most of the time but since having the trigger I run it on everything now. Not having to mess with muzzle position is a major bonus when shooting next to a buddy there are no false triggers due to blast.

New to Labradar - why do I need a trigger for the unit, please?
Have seen many sights for the Labradar too. Why? What do you suggest after using it personally?

This works and no worries of having blocks or anything for muzzle blast. I never miss recording a shot now.

Attachments

• AF78753E-8BAC-4C49-BAD2-8DF6FCA630D1.jpeg
    AF78753E-8BAC-4C49-BAD2-8DF6FCA630D1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 207