Labradar Help

308win

Having an issue with my Labradar using a 90 degree brake. Instructions say to put the barrel in front of the unit. I've tried it that way, I've put it behind the unit, used both 6 inches and 12 inches from the side and still unable to read the projectile. Is there anyone using a 90 degree brake that can help me with this?

Also, I just got a Kestrel elite and using it in conjunction with Labradar it seems to be interfering with Bluetooth? When I first start Labradar it connects fine (with phone) and will work, when I switch series the unit looses connection with my phone and will not connect again. Is anyone else using this setup?

Have you used it without a break? I have found moving it back further and making sure it is aimed at the Target while isolating it the movement of the bench helps a ton. On the base I bought with it, mine will shake with the recoil and muzzle break. I've found putting it on a tripod next to the bench helps.

No advice. Mine disconnects when I do anything on my phone. So distracting. I used my unit 5 times and got an error code and have to send it back already. I might just return it and go back to my old RELIABLE chronograph.

I hate this thing.

I'm quickly becoming the same opinion. Bought it for accuracy and ease of use, not so easy.

I run mine back by the forend of the stock, no issues at all with any of the brakes I have.

What do you have the trigger setting on? And doppler or sounds triggered?

Have you used it without a break? I have found moving it back further and making sure it is aimed at the Target while isolating it the movement of the bench helps a ton. On the base I bought with it, mine will shake with the recoil and muzzle break. I've found putting it on a tripod next to the bench helps.

Works fine without brake. Been shooting everything prone.

I run mine back by the forend of the stock, no issues at all with any of the brakes I have.

What do you have the trigger setting on? And doppler or sounds triggered?

Haven't tried it that far back. Trigger is on sound not doppler. They say not to use it on doppler for high power rifles, not sure why?

I have a 90 brake on mine. I put the barrel about 12" in front of the unit (just because the bench is set up this way) and it works fine. Only issue I have is the blast moves it around. I find if I don't aim it back at the target between every shot I get an error code.

You can leave it by the muzzle with a muzzle brake if you put a barrier between the two or just put it further back and change the offset setting. Wood or steel make great barriers.

Be sure that the SD card you are using is large enough and fast enough. I had problems using the smaller SD card the previous owner left in the unit. When it went back for a broken wire repair Labradar noted the card and recommended a change. New, fast SD card and it works much better.

And yes, the app works like it was designed in 2009, not 2019. They would gain a lot of fans if they hired a high school kid to update it. :D

Me three, run mine 12-14" behind my 90* brakes and offset 6". I never have problems. Always check your settings and make sure it is aimed correctly, both verticle and horizontal. When it misses shots, it's usually out of alignment or user errors in setup.

One of the first things I did was junk the plate and the undersized ball mount. Went to a heavier ball with good solid adjustment and added an adjustable stand made by Matt @ Arkmachine. Big improvement.

Thanks, I'll try the new setup when I get it back from Labradar. Had a frequency error yesterday and they said I had to send it back in.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.