Labradar

Old Rooster

Is it possible to buy a Labradar and use it as is or do you have to buy things to make it work?
One guy on Youtube said he spent over 800.00 for the unit and things to make it work.
Is that true?

Mine worked out of the box. I had a tripod to put it on. I tried it once on an external battery and it wouldn't work, but it was cold. I gave up and ran it on the internals. I simply turn the radar off when not actively recording. The reported battery life is short, I haven't used it a ton, but I've dialed in several guns and I'm still on the same set of internals. Yes, it can be a little bit finicky to aim but so can a regular chrono with sky screens. I would say my Shooting Chrony was more time consuming to set up and aim than the LabRadar, not even close...

As said above I use a bic ink pen tube to sight and it works 100% fine. Got the $15 external rechargeable battery and in 3 years of ownership never an issue. I love mine and I've had the shoot over crono's, the magneto speed etc. Labradar to me is da bomb.

IMO, the only aftermarket accessory needed and well worth the added expense is a "trigger". Bone stock my Labradar would not record 1 out of 10 shots. With the addition of the hard wired trigger, I miss maybe 1 out of 100 shots. Oh, and a external battery pack. Those 2 accessories make the Labrador the best option available in the market.

1639678685194.png

1639678725103.png

What is the inertial trigger and how does one install it?
Also explain the sighting device please.
Thanks in advance

Plenty of folks have issues it seems with shots not registering. A external trigger seems to be the ticket, most just use velcro.

I've personally not had any issues after thousands of rounds......maybe 15 missed shots at the most....guessing.

go to Staples and get a $12 SDHC memory card and an external battery pack. A tripod is needed The Labradar branded one is OK but there is probably better out there. I use a length of plastic straw for aiming as noted above but am looking for a thicker walled solution because the edges/side walls of the straw are difficult to see. in general, it works like a champ and is light years better than my ProChrono.