Labradar

Plenty of folks have issues it seems with shots not registering. A external trigger seems to be the ticket, most just use velcro.

I've personally not had any issues after thousands of rounds......maybe 15 missed shots at the most....guessing.
With extensive use of Labradar I will echo that it's only real con is that the accessories above should really just be part of the unit Most noted being the addition of the trigger Without it it is unreliable .

Once you have it set up with the appropriate accessories it's valuable tool.

To overcome some of the cons of a magneto speed, (like a stock mount so it's no on the barrel) you will incur additional costs there also. So if your comparing devices to get best performance, I suggest evaluating each on its own merits as they are both good but both require accessories to really work well.

I use one of my tripods to mount it to usually, but I did buy a benchtop plate as well. And a carrying case. Two external battery packs from Amazon for $15 (saves that much in AA batteries in the first 2 months if you use it a lot).
No external trigger. No aiming device other than setting a loaded round on top to use as a sighting device. No memory card.

I have shot probably 10k+ rounds over mine. Maybe misses 1 out of 200-300 shots. I can live with that. If you shoot suppressed, put the unit in front of the suppressor.

I am into mine for $560 total. Worth the $.056 per shot so far.

I bought the external battery pack , and the SD memory card . I started out using a round piece of plywood for the base , it worked ok , but I couldn't adjust the labradar unit properly to get all the velocities to 100 yards . I used a cinder block to shield the labradar from the muzzle brake blast . this was a big pain in the neck . another forum member came up with the idea of using a cut down sawhorse for the mount, I ran with that idea . there is a ball head on the sawhorse for easy alignment . I shoot prone 99% of the time , and this works great for prone shooting . labradar above the front of the scope for braked rifles , labradar over the muzzle on non-braked rifles .

so now I've bought ; labradar , $20 external battery pack , $15 SD memory card , $20 ballhead , $20 sawhorse . I'm guessing at the prices , but should be close .

Attachments

• P8201848.JPG
    P8201848.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 437
  • P6210897.JPG
    P6210897.JPG
    651 KB · Views: 430
You don't need anything except an old tripod to hold it up. A lot of guys just fashion something that works for them and don't even use a tripod.

You don't need an inertia trigger - I have one and never use it.
You don't need a battery pack but they are cheap enough on Amazon.
You don't need a memory card - I don't have/use one.
You don't need a fancy hard case - just use what you've got and be careful

There - buy a LabRadar and upgrade equipment when and if you feel like it.

go to Staples and get a $12 SDHC memory card and an external battery pack. A tripod is needed The Labradar branded one is OK but there is probably better out there. I use a length of plastic straw for aiming as noted above but am looking for a thicker walled solution because the edges/side walls of the straw are difficult to see. in general, it works like a champ and is light years better than my ProChrono.
I use a primer feed tube for my sighting device. Thicker walls and long enough too.

I use a primer feed tube for my sighting device. Thicker walls and long enough too.

I used a soda straw from McDonalds for awhile, but two inches of aluminum arrow shaft works just as well and wouldn't cost anything.
Now I just peer straight through the little V notch and have no problems. The little aftermarket add-on sights are creative but they sure aren't needed.

Serious request here, guys. I've had a Labradar for 4-5 years and until I got the remote trigger it was at best hit and miss. Could one of you give us a detailed step by step on how to set up and site the unit? I'd love to be able to leave the trigger in the bag.

I bought the external battery pack , and the SD memory card . I started out using a round piece of plywood for the base , it worked ok , but I couldn't adjust the labradar unit properly to get all the velocities to 100 yards . I used a cinder block to shield the labradar from the muzzle brake blast . this was a big pain in the neck . another forum member came up with the idea of using a cut down sawhorse for the mount, I ran with that idea . there is a ball head on the sawhorse for easy alignment . I shoot prone 99% of the time , and this works great for prone shooting . labradar above the front of the scope for braked rifles , labradar over the muzzle on non-braked rifles .

so now I've bought ; labradar , $20 external battery pack , $15 SD memory card , $20 ballhead , $20 sawhorse . I'm guessing at the prices , but should be close .
Jim,

That saw horse mounting system is an awesome idea. L🤣L

LabRadar stand 1 of 5.jpg

LabRadar stand 2 of 5.jpg

LabRadar stand 3 of 5.jpg

LabRadar stand 4 of 5.jpg

LabRadar stand 5 of 5.jpg

Ed

We've been running one for couple years. It's missed maybe 10 shots out of thousands Mostly suppressed. About 6" in front of muzzle and 8" off to either side. Trigger on the highest setting. On a tripod if shooting from a bench. Or on a plate if prone Same position no matter what in relation to the muzzle. Suppressed 22lr or 17hmr I run it a couple inches in front and to the side. I just aim it with the notch already provided. Ours has been really reliable

I use the trigger now every time regardless of suppressed or not. The only time I miss shots is if the muzzle blast has moved the angle of the labradar on the bench. F-Class John has a video on tips and tricks and they work. The most important one is to angle the labradar slightly to the side of the target toward your gun.

Arko Machine Products makes (or did make) a base for the LabRadar. Very versatile and you don't need tripods, sawhorse mounts, cinder blocks, ballheads, or anything else. I don't know what an inertia trigger is but guess I've never needed one. I don't have a memory card. I always carry a notebook. I use an external battery pack. When I chronograph, I usually chronograph a hundred or more rounds at a time. I've used a LabRadar for about five years. The crude sight on the Lab Radar works fine as is.