Labradar

If you talk to the guys at Labradar, they will advise you away from using the remote trigger.
Mine was going to head down the road, and I figured I would drop another $35 on a trigger. That was about 5-600 rounds ago and I have dropped 3 shots at the most since. I'm in the camp of they are about worthless without one....

I use standard battery packs i had for my phone during hiking, 7800 MAH works multiple sessions. Someone at my gun club came up with a design similar to this, I copied him with things I had at home. I had to order the camera style attachment from Amazon. About $20, it works great. No more missed shots during load development.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Guys, This thread came at the perfect time for me. Please allow me a few really stupid questions. What are you 'Aiming " the device at.??? I thought the device measures bullet velocity as the bullet leave the Muzzle. ??? No??? I have seen guys at the range fiddle around for a long time take a shot, not like something or other. Is this a new technology that is still evolving??? Is it really better than the Upside-down Caldwell? Thanks for any guidance!!!!
A Labradar is not an optical "chronograph" like the shoot-over kind that breaks a light beam fore and aft to measure velocity. It is actually a doppler radar that tracks the bullet. Gives readings as soon as it "sees" the bullet, and gives up to 4 speed measurements through the first 100 yards of flight. So you can not only use it for velocity, but also to calculate Ballistic Coefficient as well.

So you have to aim the unit at the target you are shooting at, to properly track bullet flight lines.

Last edited:
Many people that don't read the posts here don't know how much of a knowledge pool we have here.
Thanks to everyone for their posts.I read them all!
I will upgrade my old Chrony this coming year along with a few other things and have better knowledge than I had before reading these posts.
I heard there was another radar chronograph coming a while back but I haven't heard anything since so I'm looking at buying a Labradar in 2022.
Thanks to all

Just curious.....how did you arrive at this conclusion ?
It's better than what I have.
I know it's not perfect but better than what I am using now.
While at one of the sporting goods store here in town I talked to a fellow looking to buy a new rifle and he has a Labradar and he said his worked right out of the box and hasn't missed a bit.His was bought recently and said some of the things that drove folks away from Labradar is now fixed.I hope he is right.

I own one. Velocity can easily vary by 100+ fps based on sunlight conditions.
Useful in a pinch, but not that great for consistency or accuracy.
I use mine almost religiously and in particular with my 6 Br....... testing various powders due to the shortage of varget. On different days and at different times of the day, some sunny and some not. I have not had anywhere near that sort of discrepancy; in fact, I see great consistency in speed + / - with this gun as well as others I often shoot.