Labradar not reading

QuietTexan.....geeee wizz I can't believe it's that critical???
Yes the trigger is that important. It's how they should have built it from the start. The majority of my rifles are suppressed, so that was one issue. But in general the switch has been the only way to get the unit to trigger reliably, and is the only way possible with subsonics. The only shot's I've missed since starting to use it are when I don't change the velocity gate down to pistol for subs. Before when I was trying to use the mics/doppler it never worked reliably. It was better suppressed/supersonic than with a muzzle brake.

I don't miss any shots now, and all it took was a $35 part. I'm perfectly content with that. Much easier than messing with light screens and all the BS that comes along with optical chronys.

I had a couple similar reads. I made sure it was pointed correctly and i think a couple long pieces of grass were in my way.

Now that i make sure it is aimed correctly and path is clear it has been good.

badthirtyone....Took your advice and ordered a JKL trigger
sedancowboy....I'm shooting 220 gr Berger Hybrid LR out of a 300 Win Mag
dirthead1....I'm getting an error message....something about not being able to read or sense the projectile (cant' remember exactly)
With trigger (hope you ordered the magnet too) you can place your Labradar next to your scope so you can reach the controls, and keep it away from muzzle blast. Shot thousands of rounds without missing any that way.

Aiming is critical, so is making sure it is not in the muzzle blast from your brake.
I run mine way back basically beside the action and have no issues. It is about even with the front of the scope between 8-10" to the side.

If the unit is getting the blast from your brake it will shake or move the unit and it will not track the projectile.

I'm not @FEENIX , but I took his idea and ran with it . I place the labradar over the front of the scope on rifles with a brake . rifles without a brake I position the labradar over the muzzle .

Attachments

• P6210897.JPG
    P6210897.JPG
    651 KB · Views: 208
I'm not @FEENIX , but I took his idea and ran with it . I place the labradar over the front of the scope on rifles with a brake . rifles without a brake I position the labradar over the muzzle .
Jim, I am actually glad you responded. In my personal experience, this set-up + the JKL trigger solves most of the frustrations.

NOTE:

One of my learning curves was I keep forget arming the unit ... of course, it will not indicate any reading, duh! 😇

I just bought a Labradar.....haven't used it yet so I'm following to learn. I bought the archery trigger, and can't tell how much different it is from the JLK. Has anyone used the archery trigger on a rifle?

@FEENIX
I love the set up! However, I set up a backpack with foam to hold all my Labradar stuff.......Have you built a collapsible version that will fit inside? 😉

I think we need to get Really Right Stuff on board and patent feeenix's design. can be made out of all carbon fiber and known as the "Feeenix Ultra lab radar mount."

I'm sure it would weigh 2 oz and would fold up into the size of a cigar box.

Would probably cost $6,000, but hey, it'd be amazing!

An external trigger is a must if shooting with a suppressor. If shooting with a muzzle brake place the unit 12" behind the brake and 8" to the side. I have had no issues with this positioning. If the brake is very aggressive with side and rear blowback you may have to move the unit further back. The same applies when shooting large braked magnums. The error message you are receiving indicates muzzle blast is disturbing the radar signal. Try removing the brake to see if the unit will record.

Recently I purchased a new Labradar chrono and set it up per the instructions and it was not picking up my shots. I had my unit setting slightly behind and to the right of my muzzle.....approx. 12 inches away. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if it matters but I have a Fat Bastard MB installed on my barrel.
Duck tape a 3 inch straw in the grove of the upper deck of your radar , aim like a pep sight , at lower part of target center , also make sure you are on rifle setting!

Best thing is a recoil trigger. I don't mess with muzzle based triggering any more. The recoil trigger is just flat the best thing I've done with the lab. I did it to work with the suppressor and use it all the time now. When shooting with my neighbor we set our labs up next to each and both run a recoil trigger, it's pretty sweet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.