Labradar chrono

Alaska2006

Anybody got a bead on these yet. Waiting for them to come out is like watching grass grown. Close to giving up and going with Magnetospeed.

Any updates? I read order now for March delivery.

Ditto ....
I put one on order via the wait list over a year ago, when they promised they'd be available by the start of summer, and haven't even gotten a confirmation on the order.
I already had a MagnetoSpeed V2 - which actually had more features than I needed. After rethinking it I decided to give the V2 to my son. He's a fan of that tech. stuff. Recognizing that I didn't need to spend $600 when I could pick up a MagnetoSpeed Sporter for under $200 that's what I did. Now I have a Sporter that serves all my needs for load development, my son has a V2 that he's thrilled with and I don't care if I ever get a response from LabRadar. If they're no more reliable with service than they've been with promised delivery dates I don't want to do business with them anyway. gun)

I hear that, on to the magnetspeed then.
Thanks for the input

I put my order in whenever they originally sent out that email that they were available (been so long, I can't remember when that was) The good news is I received mine yesterday!! Now I have to see how this thing works.... I CAN say that it read my airsoft gun in the house :)

I was able to test several loads at the range this weekend. Worked great for 45 and 357 on pistol side. Also did 338, 6.5x47 and 308 on the rifle side. There was another 338 next to me when I sat down and it triggered my system. I think I was on level 2 and then upped it to 4. Seemed to work. when they changed rifle, I went back down on the level to 2 or 3 again.

Lots of great info form the data and I still need to look at this thing and figure it out. Oh most of them were set to wrong weight of bullet because I forgot. Didn't seem to make a difference on velocity of my bullets though

The bullet weight is for it to calculate kinetic energy from the velocity reading.

Had mine since Oct, best thing for me since sliced bread ..........

The bullet weight is for it to calculate kinetic energy from the velocity reading.

Had mine since Oct, best thing for me since sliced bread ..........

Ok great! What distances do you use? I'm really living this thing!

Thanks!

Hi.
I just revieved my Labradar earlier this week .
Went to the range today to test it.
Was unable to get any readings at ALL.

Yes , i have read the manual to the letter , set it up properly according to the manual
and I have new batteries and an external power source hooked up to it .
Tried different positions , did everything i could to get it to work.
I have not put any SD card in it yet , it is supposed to be working with the SD card anyway.

Ended up using my CED M3 to get my readings....

Not very impressed for the moment . :-(

Any one having simular experience or anyone have any good ideas moving forward??

VERY grateful for any inputs and shared experiences.

Regards
Tobbe

Are you getting the orange armed light when you arm it? You need to double press the arm light.

Apologies if that's too obvious, but it took me a couple of tries before I figured that out. I read the manual, but overlooked that point.

I played with mine at home with a airsoft gun... it does take a little getting used to. Like acourvil said, make sure to double hit the button below the power button till it turns orange. I kept forgetting that at the range. Also, I noticed the instructions said to take out batteries if you use an external source. I tried a external source today and it said it didn't read it. Luckily I had batteries in my bag. But tried external source at home and it worked. So will try again with external at range next time. Still playing with the sensitivity also... I'm trying between 2-4. 2-3 gives me false readings if there are others near by. Indoor and outdoor ranges. 4 seems to make my readings harder (but still playing with trigger distance). Also, bigger guns by you can give you false reading (it reads that gun). Luckily you can delete it. And you can tell because when it reads a shot, the orange light blinks.

Thanks for your advices.
Went to the range today and got it all sorted.
I made a wrong selection to start with .
Selected doppler for some reason unknowwn to myself:)
Change that to trigger.
Then i had my barrel muzzle to far in front of the unit.
Once these two misstakes were corrected it worked flawless.
Very impressed, it was snowing today and all reading was okey.
So this is what i expexted.
Regards Tobbe

Anybody know if Labradar is already offering a firmware update? Someone on another forum alluded to this but I've been able to find out zilch.

I'm not sure if there is anything recent, but I believe they updated the firmware from the initial version to improve performance with smaller caliber projectiles.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.