New Mexico Muzzleloader bullet choice for elk

Imperial Bull

Was fortunate to draw another muzzleloader elk tag in New Mexico after a few years and looking to reevaluate my setups. I primarily hunt Oregon for deer when I have a muzzleloader tag and I'm happy with the setup but with elk and fewer restrictions I know there must be something else to try while I wait for the hunt. My primary muzzleloader is a Knight Mountaineer .50 cal shooting 247 grain Thors. Also used it in Idaho on a couple hunts with lead conicals. Last time I hunted New Mexico I used Thor 300 grain, but accuracy was at a mild charge so was hoping to improve. Bullet worked ok. 75 yard shot, couple inches behind crease, bull ran 150 yards and stood dead on his feet. Shot him again to put him down. Currently have a mountaineer .52 cal I thought about taking as well. I have never tried sabots for either but considing it. Also was curious about the bore driver eld x for the .50 but hearing mixed reviews. Open to trying anything really.

Both rifles are set up with an adjustable peep and front globe with crosshair. Primarily use BH 209 (5 grains of triple 7 under BH in Oregon and Idaho for proper ignition with musket caps). I already have 209 conversion kits for both. I appreciate any info. With NW restrictions I don't get to experiment much with bullet choice. Would really like to find a bullet that increases range capabilities. Currently have the accuracy but lack the energy for elk I feel.

Thanks,

Jeff