chrono,accuracyi

I have an Oelher 35 and a CSD Millinium they are both excellent, Tested along side of Dopler radar these two were they best of the affordable chrono's

Re: Single Unit Chronograph Data Uncertainty

Velocity was more than 100 FPS less than last week.

I guess what the little blue Chrony is telling me is that there are bullets exiting the barrel and not much more than that.:rolleyes:

It gets even more tenuous. My opinion is that a minimum of two readings are required from each bullet fired - if you really desire confidence in your chronograph data. The Oehler 35P provides that with its Proof channel. Other than one chrono unit with a proof channel like the Oehler 35P, you really need to be running two chrono units in tandem to establish the validity of the data you obtain. I've posted this opinion and provided the associated details and rationale in several other prior threads over the past year or two.

A fella has no means of corroborating the validity of one MV spit out by one chronograph. A second reading is required. If you ever begin running two in tandem, you'll see the occasional blooper data cropping up, and realize that depending on a single chronograph for any serious ballistic predictions is, at the minimum, periodically misleading. And the frequency of 'periodic' can only be determined after you start running two units in tandem.

Last edited:
Re: Single Unit Chronograph Data Uncertainty

It gets even more tenuous. My opinion is that a minimum of two readings are required from each bullet fired - if you really desire confidence in your chronograph data. The Oehler 35P provides that with its Proof channel. Other than one chrono unit with a proof channel like the Oehler 35P, you really need to be running two chrono units in tandem to establish the validity of the data you obtain. I've posted this opinion and provided the associated details and rationale in several other prior threads over the past year or two.

A fella has no means of corroborating the validity of one MV spit out by one chronograph. A second reading is required. If you ever begin running two in tandem, you'll see the occasional blooper data cropping up, and realize that depending on a single chronograph for any serious ballistic predictions is, at the minimum, periodically misleading. And the frequency of 'periodic' can only be determined after you start running two units in tandem.

Exactly and the proof channel is what makes the Oehler 35 soooo good

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.