Labradar not reading

I thinks it's a aiming problem as well. Tape a straw on top of the unit in the grove and aim with it. I shoot with a suppressor and I have mine lined up even with the end of the suppressor and it works every time. I'm shooting 6.5 creed, and PRC.
hope this help you.

Recently I purchased a new Labradar chrono and set it up per the instructions and it was not picking up my shots. I had my unit setting slightly behind and to the right of my muzzle.....approx. 12 inches away. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if it matters but I have a Fat Bastard MB installed on my barrel.
Added a 3D printed picatinny rail purchased on EBAY to my Labradar and use an EoTech sight on the pic rail to sight the LR.....easy quick. fool proof. Some use an inexpensive scope on the rail. Also bought the JKL trigger as suggested and used by many at our gun club. Have seen guys at the range place their LR above the barrel using a tripod style device.

All good info here. The only thing I can add to the mix is how I aim. I hot glued a piece of aluminum tube to the V groove that stays on the unit, then when at the range add a smaller tube into it for easy "boresighting". The brass tube fits nicely in the case pocket during transport. Aiming takes seconds. I did add some Matt black paint into the tube with a qtip to cut down on the glare. Works for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 130
I think it's an aiming issue. If it's giving an error then the microphone is picking up the shot, but the radar isn't tracking the bullet. I had this same issue more than once.
I agree. I had some issues with the one I borrowed from a friend, and found my issue was that i didnt properly aim it at the target. Once i did, got good numbers.

Every unit is different. I have been at the range with units on each side of me working perfectly, all having different settings. I have sent mine back twice and both times they said they found the problem and repaired it and I continued having problems with my unit. The JKL trigger works great. I have wasted much time and a couple of hundred dollars in ammo trying to get it to work. Each time I have gotten them on the phone and followed their directions I have ended up sending it back. They are great when they work, it is a shame that you have to buy after market parts to make them work. If they had customer service on the weekend when most people can go shooting would be a big help.

I do not use an external trigger and have no issues. Once you figure out how to aim it and where place it in relation to the muzzle they work great. I aim with an aftermarket sight that bolts to the top. I place the LR 5 - 6" from the either side of muzzle and and lined up directly with the end of barrel, forward of break blast and rear of muzzle blast. That's when shooting from the ground and LR on mini-tripod. When shooting from bench I place LR on taller tripod and shoot over the top (all sides work) of LR, no break blast with APA. MAIN thing is make sure barrel is centered up with one of the black bars off-center around edge of LB. Hope that made sense, works great for me!

for ARs can u just velcro strap the trigger to the receiver or the foreend? Or just use a steel mag and the magnet. Some pics of mounting would be helpful.

I often shoot at public range and find the guns on either side tend to set the labradar off even with sensitivity turned down especially if the neighbors are shooting rifles with brakes. This magnetic recoil trigger may well be a god send.

Last edited:
Recently I purchased a new Labradar chrono and set it up per the instructions and it was not picking up my shots. I had my unit setting slightly behind and to the right of my muzzle.....approx. 12 inches away. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if it matters but I have a Fat Bastard MB installed on my barrel.
With a brake the labradar needs to be slightly in front of the brake. That said I could not set it up that way at my range. I had the same issues. Once I installed a JKL recoil trigger no more issues.

Thanks for the tips. I ordered the sight and the trigger. I love my Lab Radar but my last trip to the range was frustrating and I finally gave up. I have three rifles that I'm building loads for and nothing worst than screwing with the LR when I should be concentrating on the shot.

thanks for the tips And suggestions.

Brett Bracken,

So now you have a lab radar in addition to a magneto speed chrony eh.... Very nice!:cool: Too bad you can't text pics of your setup with your iPhone...😜

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts