LabRadar question

Randy Tidwell

I did a search to see if this has already been covered, pretty sure it has, but I couldn't find anything.

I currently use a Magnospeed, and I am pretty happy with it.

Thinking about upgrading to the Labradar. It will work for everything I own, not into the super fast rounds.

But, I have a friend that wants to share it with me and he shoots allot of 17's & 20's. He did some research and found that it does not function well above 3950 fps

What has your experience been with this?

If you buy the accessory microphone, the Labradar will pick up smaller calibers as well as air gun pellets. I have not missed a single shot with it.

I would encourage you to not get one if you want speeds beyond 4000. I have one and absolutely love it .. it meets my needs for all the calibers I shoot.. It will not, however pick up some of my 22-250 loads over 4000..
You could give Lab Radar a call and get the info from them... Maybe they have made improvement??

I did a search to see if this has already been covered, pretty sure it has, but I couldn't find anything.

I currently use a Magnospeed, and I am pretty happy with it.

Thinking about upgrading to the Labradar. It will work for everything I own, not into the super fast rounds.

But, I have a friend that wants to share it with me and he shoots allot of 17's & 20's. He did some research and found that it does not function well above 3950 fps

What has your experience been with this?
I have owned both and the labradar in my opinion is superior to any other chronograph that I have used ! I would suggest you buy the trigger accessory that you attach to your rifle and it records from the rifle not the muzzle and its close to 100 per cent accurate ! I have not had an error message since I purchased the trigger mechanism for the labradar

Saw one in use today at our range. Owner said he had it for a couple of months and was using the instructions so I suspect his findings were good. Shooting .17 and said he could only get the muzzle velocity. Unit could not "see" the small projectile beyond the muzzle. I had asked him about the velocity @100 yards and that was his reply.
As a gaget geek I now want one in lieu of my three old cronies. Wonder what my loving spouse will want in exchange if I do buy it? LOL

My feeling is, that's a whole bunch of money to get the same thing the Magneto speed is already giving you. I have heard all of the stories about having something strapped on your barrel will ruin you're groups, I personally find this not to be true. POI can shift a little bit depending on the thickness of the barrel but who cares, sight in once you have found what you need to know. After spending $600 bucks on a LR, I shouldn't have to rig up a special stand or buy another $35 dollar part to make sure all my shots record. Strapped the MS onto the barrel on day one and have never had a shot not record or appear to be way off from what I know the load should approx. be at. This is just my personal experience and if you really feel the need for a Lab Radar, go for it, you're the guy who's putting his hard earned dollars out there. For me that's two more fresh barrels. :)

Which one did you buy?
I need to get one as well. I have seen these two and was leaning towards the first just from the implementation/holder aspect. Thoughts? Other options?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts