Kill the wolf?

Anti-hunting groups figured out a way to keep hunting out of Yellowstone and by not using sterilized and collared wolves we now have a problem outside the park. Now the anti-hunters are trying to do it to Colorado because the elk population in Rocky Mountain Park needs to be controlled.
The RMNP elk don't necassiraly need to be controlled. They are overpopulated and have been for many years. What needs to happen is they need to hold some hunting seasons in there and let us hunters go in and pay to bring the numbers down.

Most definitely! I'm scared shirtless of what happens when wolves are introduced in CO. The electorate here has turned to the dark side. In CO I'm not sure common sense can win the day. Wolf introduction is going on the 2020 ballot, just like bear baiting did in 1993. The result was no more baiting and no more spring bear hunt. Bears have exploded since.

Now we have the DOW killing bears and mountain lions in downtown Colorado Springs, huge loss of revenue for the state. Colorado needs a law that gives control for those decisions to the DOW and not the voting public's feelings.

True and the DOW has said for years that when they arrive they will be managing the numbers. The vote is anti-hunters trying to block that train of thought and put that control in their hands.
Yes, and no. Wolves are already on the endangered species list here. So whether they are introduced or not, it doesn't matter because they are endangered and will have to be removed from that list. Which we all know will be an uphill battle. Most likely by the time they are removed it will be to late for our wildlife. This is being done to stop hunting, and to takeaway any chance of living off the land in the event we have a civil war. They don't want people to have a way to feed themselves.

The RMNP elk don't necassiraly need to be controlled. They are overpopulated and have been for many years. What needs to happen is they need to hold some hunting seasons in there and let us hunters go in and pay to bring the numbers down.

I agree with you 100% but the anti-hunters will do everything they can to keep that from happening. I think archery hunters could bring the numbers down to where they need to be without much trouble and the state would have additional revenue from it.

Yes, and no. Wolves are already on the endangered species list here. So whether they are introduced or not, it doesn't matter because they are endangered and will have to be removed from that list. Which we all know will be an uphill battle. Most likely by the time they are removed it will be to late for our wildlife. This is being done to stop hunting, and to takeaway any chance of living off the land in the event we have a civil war. They don't want people to have a way to feed themselves.

No different then what the anti-hunters did in Montana. The argument had been made that overall wolves were not endangered just because they weren't in Montana, anti-hunters just kept filling lawsuits to block any form of management and federal judges helped.

As a hunter and cattle rancher in Texas I don't have a dog in the fight but I have placed a large bet on the dogs that are in the fight. I believe that the reintroduction of wolves is a ploy to eliminate hunting and beef cattle production all in one motion. I could elaborate but I don't have time. Cows to feed. Merry Christmas.

As a hunter and cattle rancher in Texas I don't have a dog in the fight but I have placed a large bet on the dogs that are in the fight. I believe that the reintroduction of wolves is a ploy to eliminate hunting and beef cattle production all in one motion. I could elaborate but I don't have time. Cows to feed. Merry Christmas.
If the grocery store shelves start getting empty, then we could see a solution. Not until then.

I hear all sides of this. If you listen to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the wolves are the epitome of a threat to the whole ecosystem. Western sheep and cattle ranchers will pretty much back that up. We must maintain a balance in the population, or we stand a chance to have another animal go extinct. That cannot happen. I seriously doubt the wolves in the west, will get to the problems caused by feral hogs and coyotes in Texas.

If you're sensitive don't read this. Besides in Yellowstone National Park Wolves should be able to be hunted everywhere else without a license.
It's a start. I think all of the wolves in Yellowstone should have been sterilized and collared, easier to keep track of and ensure they stay in the park.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts