Eradicate the Wolf???!

Our tax dollars pay for livestock predation by wolves... on (moo) cows alone 100 wolves will kill 30-50 cattle per year in some areas. WE, the taxpayer pay for the cow and her potential future profits. This is every year! Let us not ignore the 16 elk per year each wolf kills on average. Math isn't difficult. 550 wolves times 16 elk = 8800 elk every year.
These are not my facts... they were provided by one of the wolf reintroduction biologists on the project.
Mankind has pretty much caused the extinction of smallox... was it unethical?

I hunted mule deer in the Idaho Sawtooth mountains for years. We would see 20 to 30 deer a day. At this time wolves were few and far between. After skipping 4 years we returned to the area. We were disappointed to see 2 to 5 deer daily. I talked to several local people. One of them gave me a suprising answer to why we were not seeing deer. He said "If you find the wolves you will find the deer." The wolves are following the deer and decimating them.

Quote . They are biologically the same as the few that were already here
Then they should Eliminate all of them but the FEW, that were here, and let NATURE decide if they survive not people

Couldn't agree more...kill all the females and let them reproduce sexually.....very scientific.....and it only reduces half the animals....
:rolleyes:

living in Minnesota all my life of 68 years ,our state has always had to many wolves and wolf lovers , Minnesota population of wolves is getting bigger and out of hand . but the wolf lovers are liberals and the voting population in the Twin Cities has the largest amount of Minnesota`s population so we continue to the save the wolf B.S. . and in America there are way too many wolves and liberals .

If only we could get the wolves to help us with the feral horse and burrow problem that is exploding in our SW
I don't want them anywhere near this State. While the wild horses do create a problem, the wolves are not the answer. They would kill off everything smaller first.

The problem with wild horses could be solved really quick if people would put their emotions aside and look at the devastation they are causing to the ecosystem with their over grazing. I know it's not popular to round them up and auction them off because most of them end up south of the border and are turned into food. With the current state of affairs in this nation and others where food is in short supply I don't see sending these horses off to be slaughtered to feed people as a bad thing. What I see as a bad thing is them destroying the ecosystem and then starving and dying a slow painful death. The desert ecosystem is the most fragile and it is said that it typically doesn't recover when damaged.

Not to get off subject, bet we are planning a trip to Australia next year and part of the trip will be culling horses. They have a major issue with them destroying the ecosystem with no predation. The Aussies understand this and alow unlimited culling of horses, donkeys, and camels.

Now back to killing all of the wolves.

Last edited:
I don't want them anywhere near this State. While the wild horses do create a problem, the wolves are not the answer. They would kill off everything smaller first.

The problem with wild horses could be solved really quick if people would put their emotions aside and look at the devastation they are causing to the ecosystem...

What gets me is that on the one hand, they demand that the wolves be reintroduced to "make the ecosystem how it was" and yet their emotions wont let them keep the feral horses in check???

Those horses are an invasive species but they cant get past their emotions enough to admit it!