Kentucky Gray Wolf Killed

The soccer moms and liberals aren't going to like that at all! If there are wolves anywhere, the USFWS is probably the last group of idiots to realize it. We have them in northern CO now. There aren't large numbers, but they are here.

Well Duh?

Read the article. They're wondering how it got there?

Hell, I bet it simply walked!:)

I'm also bettin' it ain't alone.

From now on I recommend that all of coyote lookin' animals shot in that area remain coyotes. There's no good reason to give up a good pelt.:D

Well Duh?

Read the article. They're wondering how it got there?

Hell, I bet it simply walked!:)

I'm also bettin' it ain't alone.

From now on I recommend that all of coyote lookin' animals shot in that area remain coyotes. There's no good reason to give up a good pelt.:D

Roy, it has to be alone as the article stated, and you know the Gov. is never wrong. Mistaken once in a while, but never wrong:rolleyes:..

kinda like a post turtle...........probably had some help getting here

Wolves can cover a lot of ground in a short period of time. This mutt went from Eastern oregon to Northern CA and back to Oregon. The Great lakes to Kentucky is no big challenge for them. They will be spreading out everywhere in time.

OR-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The soccer moms and liberals aren't going to like that at all! If there are wolves anywhere, the USFWS is probably the last group of idiots to realize it. We have them in northern CO now. There aren't large numbers, but they are here.

In about 10-15 years you will see the same numbers we have in SW Montana. They breed. My condolences.

I lived near Boise in 07 -08 and hunted coyotes in the SW corner of the state Owyhee desert area.
Crossed paths with a few old ranchers over time and told them about hearing wolves howl one night while camping.
They said wolves have always been there -same story with people who live up in the Mountains.
The story that there were NO WOLVES was a lie from the get-go.
It took some people a long time to figure out why the wolves were planted there in big numbers.
In another conversation I said there were most probably wolves in California -for sure Nevada -Oregon and Washington-again I got some odd looks.
I measured on a map from the SW corner of Idaho to the NW corner of California on Google Earth -about 160 miles.

There was a wolf from the Boise pack killed by a car south of Pendleton, Oregon ten years ago.

I found some huge canine tracks in dry dirt in SW Idaho while hunting once -a 25-06 w/a 115 NBT cartridge was about half the length of the track.

A wolf in KY. doesn't surprise me at all -one could get on an old railroad track and be there in no time .

Hey guys, hate to drag up an old post but this "earthfirst" post was mostly plagiarized from the KY F/W web site EXCEPT the paragraph that said it was probably a formally CAPTIVE wolf.

"Great Lakes Region wolf biologists said the animal's dental characteristics - a large amount of plaque on its teeth - suggest it may have spent some time in captivity. A largely carnivorous diet requiring the crushing of bone as they eat produces much less plaque on the teeth of wild wolves. "

Federal officials confirm gray wolf taken in Kentucky

Just had to clear the air. May have been a pet, a private "zoo" item or something else that was either turned out, or broke free.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.