Kill the wolf?

I believe that the reintroduction of wolves is a ploy to eliminate hunting and beef cattle production all in one motion.

Gee...stated this before...
spotted owl..tree huggers getting monies from Sierra club..whom got it from special interest groups like big private timber companies.....
Saw today...
China is bitching because Americans aren't eating enough of their pork products....
Have you ever been to Yellowstone Park....to see the species of humans that have rhe greatest number of visitors........
I drove thru once....never again.....
Just maybe this was all started as a very diverse plan to get rid of cattle ranchers......or anyone owning properties along rhe YNP to drive property values down......remember Hillary and Obama were looking fo sell YNP to China to knock down our national debt....

I'm about 40 miles north of Gardiner. You are correct. There is a reason MT requires the game wardens to have a 4 year university degree. So the minimum amount of brainwashing is present prior to hiring. The system is broken/rigged against logic.
There is only agenda. And that agenda does not support freedom, liberty, and hunters rights. Once again it is time for the people to do what needs be done. The legislation, badges, politicians, and biologists had their chance.
Matter of fact I could copy and paste that last paragraph to the end of pretty much any problem in the USA rite now. Time to pick a team and get in the fight?

it's funny how the bunny huggers are portrayed as peaceful people who want to eliminate suffering (instead of being the totalitarian control freaks and enemies of an independent lifestyle that they truly are). Not ironically, the original bunny huggers, and the people who introduced the first protective wolf legislation in the world were..... https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016...er-really-strict-animal-protection-laws-1933/

Here is a piece of information you may not have considered and many do not know. There used to be a population of caribou in NW Montana, not enough to hunt but they existed. For the most part they are non-existent now.
The biggest lesson we need to take away from this exercise in introduction of a species is that the non-native species (in this case the Canadian grey wolf) should never be brought into an ecosystem. This really should have been learned through the damage that brown trout have had on the cutthroat trout population in our western waters.
Any of us with friends in Colorado need to ensure they are educated on the dangers of wolf introduction as a bill has made it onto the ballot with the help of some extremists who's ultimate goal is to have predators control ungulate populations so they can ban hunting.
Maybe some of these extremists should move out of the mountains or better yet the state so there would be more room for them if they want them so bad.

You don't have a clue as to why F&W cannot get effective management practices in place. They are fighting every special interest group in the world, trying to get things working as they should. We don't need wolf packs to the point of killing family dogs, but the wolves do not need to be eradicated.
Don't need to be reintroduced where they aren't also.

If you do not live in wolf country then you know what you read.
If you do live in wolf country then you know what you've SEEN.
Think about this. Wolves were not nearly eradicated from the lower 48 in the 1800-1900's because ammo was cheap at wal mart. They did what they did for a reason.
Introducing an invasive species into the lower 48 is nothing but AGENDA 21/AGENDA30.
People who do not live in wolf country and have an opinion on the wolf situation are as about as useful as asking a blind person their favorite movie......
AMEN

I have clients that when livestock kills are shown to the state, the state has replied, " they have to eat too". This is speaking to lion and wolf. After the state raises the landowners hackles they ask of me for intros to those same landowners to get on their property.

We (ADC) guys know when a area is going hot, many times before kills take place. Canines will kill what looks to be indiscriminately. They don't. We store our food in the fridge, they use nature. Food that rots down takes less energy to digest. Ever open a wolf or coyote up? Hold your nose. Where I'm going with this, is the fact that we over shop and so do canines. They may come back on it within days or weeks, maybe not at all. The birds will clean it up. Come July when out of the den, adults will only mame to let the young ones learn how to kill. Yup, this is the raw truth about nature. Ask your tree hugger if they have ever seen a antelope fawn or lamb wrapped around sage brush by their intestines.

At some point, we need to get away from the Disney portrayal. It took years to get here and will take years to get back to some resemblance of truth. Those before us dealt with the cold hard facts.

And let it be shouted that those of us in rural lands don't demand laws for those who live in the city, nor what right is given to place those same demands on us.

So the next time you find yourself talking to a tree hugger, hit them with the stone hard cold facts in how their acts actually contribute to cruelty that needs not to exist. My two cents as I have personally changed some minds with not persuasion but edification.

I agree with you. But the Colorado parks a d wildlife don't want to bring in wolfs. It's the groups that are trying to do that. In Colorado the public gets to decide how to magane wildlife (which is stupid). So they are trying to get wolf reintroduction onto the ballot. If that happens then the general public votes to decide.

If you talk to any CPW officer they are opposed to it. They think it's a bad idea. And worried about where the funding will come from for the reintroduction and the loss of hunting caused by wolves
And we are outnumbered by idiots

Gee...stated this before...
spotted owl..tree huggers getting monies from Sierra club..whom got it from special interest groups like big private timber companies.....
Saw today...
China is bitching because Americans aren't eating enough of their pork products....
Have you ever been to Yellowstone Park....to see the species of humans that have rhe greatest number of visitors........
I drove thru once....never again.....
Just maybe this was all started as a very diverse plan to get rid of cattle ranchers......or anyone owning properties along rhe YNP to drive property values down......remember Hillary and Obama were looking fo sell YNP to China to knock down our national debt....

China doesn't have any pork to offer the markets, they've been killing off hogs because of African swine flu.

I get 2 elk tags and 4 deer tags for depredation on each each section of land. I have 13 sections. I also get royalties on each gas well placed on every 400 acres.

Wolf introduction not reintroduction is a TOTAL catastrophe waiting to happen in CO. We have the largest elk herd in the world and the second largest Mule Deer herd in the world. Once we let them go here, it will be game over for hunters and ranchers. The problem with CO and many other states are that people no longer understand the fundamentals of being a freedom loving American. To have freedom you can not give control to the government. Every time we surrender control to the government we lose freedom. There is no other scenario. The people in favor of wolf introduction are over educated (indoctrinated) people. The problem CO has is the influx of people from states where freedom has been neutered long ago. They are the type that believe that you can give control over to the government and everything will go on as normal. I firmly believe that many people with degrees have actually been brain washed. Without knowing it, of course! Therefore they're not even that intelligent. If intelligence had a test it would include a test to see if people can be taught principles that are false. Those that see through equations that are wrong would be shown to be intelligent. Who gets to write the test, gets to create the narrative, gets to give the write and wrong answers. You see God created wolves to manage prey in the absence of men. Men were created by God to manage prey in the absence of predators. We were given dominion over all the earth and all the animals. Wolves only work in remote corners of the earth where there are few to no people around. That's why God created them. They control prey numbers when men cannot. CO has a lot of people now, and if wolves are introduced, the state will lose hundreds of $millions. No longer home to vast elk and deer herds. Only Liberals (totalitarians) and people who do not understand or appreciate freedom. The writing is on the wall! Should've built a wall around the state.
Hey Hey!!! I take offense to that. How about wall the front range. LOL Very well said.

Listening to the "wolf restoration biologists" on Meateater podcasts, they indicated that in some areas 30-50 domestic cows are killed YEARLY by every 100 wolves. Your tax dollars pay for those losses. Cattle kills are so prevalent, that big ranchers are also paid for missing cattle with the assumption that wolves killed them. Example: A rancher claims he had 450 head of cattle and they round them up off their winter range, but can only locate 390... you and I pay for the remainder, year in and year out. Secondly, ONE wolf, on average, kills between 16 and 20 elk per year. Figure 500-700 wolves in WY, MT, OR, ID (IIRC) this would add up to be 8000-14000 elk killed every year.
We have met AND exceeded restoration numbers long ago... and the bunny huggers keep moving the baseline. It will never be enough... and it will always be a battle settled by some liberal judge in a venue that knows no wolves except in a toystore.
Where do you get your information that cattle ranchers receive subsidies from the government for loss cattle? That has never happened and it never will.

When was the last time man really managed or solved anything? There is no way we can control or manage wildlife successfully. Our problem is simple ourselves. Nature will & can take care of herself if we just stay out of her way. It's tough all the way around & I'm sorry for all involved.
You said it. But man is in the way and will always be.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.