Interarms rebarrel

Listen if you want to get rid of that crappy action I'll take care of it for you. lol

I have one in 284 and it shoots like a house of fire. Build on it!

Did you budget a trigger into that setup? Or the possibility that you get a dud barrel on the new one? It's not guaranteed you'll get a good shooter with just about any factory rifle. Putting one of the barrels that you've looked at on your old rifle helps your chances considerably and lets you pick the twist.
I didn't add the trigger in the mix originally but with the reviews of the x mark trigger I was looking at a jewell. The interarms will definitely need a trigger. Not sure what choices I have for that action though. I'm assuming aftermarket Mauser 98 stocks would fit it as well?

Someone mentioned the x caliber barrels so I just took a look at them. $10 more than the brux but getting a different style fluting & the x caliber is a 1-8 5r.

I'm assuming aftermarket Mauser 98 stocks would fit it as well?

Basically. Bear in mind that the M98 action style has been manufactured in the millions by several countries even before Interarms and others brought the FN style forward into the present. This merely means that if you order an M98 stock there may be some minor fitting and bedding will be required.

Ask the manufacturer first.

The x caliber only has 3reviews but they're all like 5stars however not so much on other forums.

Just spoke to Bartlein & based on the reviews I think I might be better off going with them over x caliber for a extra $45.

I've gotta a call in with Krieger on a barrel. Brux says 2-3 months but don't offer 5r. Bartlein is 4-6 months.
You may be able to find the conture and twist from one of Bartlein's dealers. I've been skimming through this thread and may have missed that part

Last edited:
Bartlein is 4-6 months.

You can find dealers for Bartlein barrels which might have the barrel you want in stock and ready to ship. You will pay a little more since the dealers want to make a better profit margin but that's how I handle it if I need something faster than their standard delivery.

Red Hawk Rifles
Bugholes Barrels

You're going to like it either way. Custom barrels are way more fun than factory hammer forged tubes
I've gotta a call in with Krieger. It's a 28" though which is more than I wanted but if it's available now & a good price a extra 2" never hurt anything. . Brux says 2-3 months but don't offer 5r. Bartlein is 4-6 months.

You can find dealers for Bartlein barrels which might have the barrel you want in stock and ready to ship. You will pay a little more since the dealers want to make a better profit margin but that's how I handle it if I need something faster than their standard delivery.

Red Hawk Rifles
Bugholes Barrels

Awesome thank you