Interarms rebarrel

Red Hawk has 1-9 twist Bartlein in stock. Would that work up to around 180's?

yes but it would depend on the conditions where you hunt. like temp, and elevation being two of the biggest. look at bergers twist rate calculator. my bullet of choice a barnes 200lrx is marginal in a 1-10. plus the lower the last number the faster the twist rate. plus if you went to a 7stw you would weaken the action too much, with the amount of metal you have to remove. talked this same thing over with my gunsmith friend, when planning my next build. that's why i'm going with a mountana rifle company action. comes st

i just saw you were looking for a trigger. try timminy have one in both of my mausers,shoots great. southern shooter and bug holes is other place to check for barrels. you can also check obomier he designed the 5r riflling.

yes but it would depend on the conditions where you hunt. like temp, and elevation being two of the biggest. look at bergers twist rate calculator. my bullet of choice a barnes 200lrx is marginal in a 1-10. plus the lower the last number the faster the twist rate. plus if you went to a 7stw you would weaken the action too much, with the amount of metal you have to remove. talked this same thing over with my gunsmith friend, when planning my next build. that's why i'm going with a mountana rifle company action. comes st
For where I live the 1-9 will barely work up to 180s.

i just saw you were looking for a trigger. try timminy have one in both of my mausers,shoots great. southern shooter and bug holes is other place to check for barrels. you can also check obomier he designed the 5r riflling.
I was looking at the timney premier I think earlier. I checked bugholes as well. I really want a fluted barrel & the Bartlein I found with 5r fluted is 1-9 but they have a 1-8 5r non fluted. I'm getting my pieces in place but it should turn out sweet. Bartlein, Timney, McMillan, Leupold vx5hd.

Good luck. You'll like it. Both mine shoot extremely well with little load development.

Good luck. You'll like it. Both mine shoot extremely well with little load development.
What do you have ? I'm struggling with which to choose. I wanted a #2 fluted but can't get it. Can get a #2 non fluted but looks like if I want a 1-8 twist it'll have to be a #3 contour non fluted.

The smallest contour I use is the Bartlein #3. There is really no need to go as small as the #2 fluted or not. Bartlein may not flute the #2 contour. Check their website to be sure. The #3 fluted or unfluted is a great contour barrel for hunting.

The smallest contour I use is the Bartlein #3. There is really no need to go as small as the #2 fluted or not. Bartlein may not flute the #2 contour. Check their website to be sure. The #3 fluted or unfluted is a great contour barrel for hunting.
I can get their #3 shipped tomorrow fluted 1-9 twist.

I have whitworth interarms 7mm that I want to rebarrell. I killed my first deer with but it's shot out. I'm leaning towards a 7 STW 26". I don't know who's good & who's not. Prefer stainless, fluted & a brake. Will be a hunting rifle so nothing heavy. Not sure what twist is best but I'm wanting to shoot 175-180s for sure.
What caliber is it shooting now? You might be able to simply rechamber it or have it set back and rechambered in the original round.

The STW is awesome and a whole lot of fun.

The Mark X is a Model 98 clone. You can only use a short (30-06) length magnum, i.e. another 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm Weatherby mag, .265/.257 Mags, etc. Lots of good choices....:)
A lot of those were WWII German 98's (7.92x57) that were rebarreled and sporterized. I'm not sure what the upper limit on length is but many were later rebarreled to longer rounds.

What caliber is it shooting now? You might be able to simply rechamber it or have it set back and rechambered in the original round.

The STW is awesome and a whole lot of fun.
7 rem mag. I've been told that STW won't work without some work & weaking the action. I'd love to have it but I guess I'll go back just like it is.

7 rem mag. I've been told that STW won't work without some work & weaking the action. I'd love to have it but I guess I'll go back just like it is.
Check with a gunsmith. I'm not sure that's accurate. The 7mm PRC would certainly work, so would the 7mm LRM but the brass is hard to come by and very expensive.

I can get their #3 shipped tomorrow fluted 1-9 twist.
Unless you're looking for the lightest rifle you can get the 3B would be preferable. You might even be able to simply get your existing barrel set back and rechambered.

Have a good gunsmith take a look at it before jumping too far.