rebarrel

new shooter

T have a 338 Norma mag with a 24 '' rock creek barrel. it has a Trued Remington 700 w/ Competative Edge bolt. I want to rebarrel it two a 338 Lupa will that work ? Or should I just put a 28 '' Norma barrel on it ? The 24'' barrel only will get 2665 with the 300 gr berger that is way to slow. Thanks Joe

Way to slow for what?

That is my question. Look at the down range ballistics, it's still a hammer way on out!

What velocity are you looking for?

But if you want to rebarrel or rechamber I think it would be a simple process as the rim diameter is the same for both.

Way to slow for what?

I would like to get vel. to 2850 more velocity gives more energy less wind drift. I was shooting my 338 AX yesterday at 1913 yds. two shots to get the wind right then two shot dead on small rock. I took a veto on my spotting scope with my U-2 phoneskope attach to my Samsung Galaxy s-5.That is the longest shot I have every done. It is so greatl to see on veto. So I want to have another 338 with will shoot long range with more vel.then I have now with the Norma I have 3000 berger that neads to be shot at very long range. Thanks Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.