Interarms rebarrel

Sure it will as long as you want to shoot .375 or the newer .300 PRC. There is a little bit of work getting these cartridges necked down to caliber you want when starting at .375...;)
It's easy to do a straight 7-375Ruger. Just start with a .338RCM neck die, follow up with the .300RCM neck die, and then run it through the custom 7-375Ruger.

The Hornady Custom dies work just fine.

Getting to the different shoulder angle and long neck of the 7LRM is far more complicated.

Bringing this back from the dead… @mtank can I ask you which stock you ended up going with? I'm in the same predicament except my Mark X action doesn't currently have a stock! I'm considering an ArchAngel as it seems very good for the price!

At one time in the past the Interarms MKV was offered in .375 H&H from the factory. Bottom metal for those has long ago 'dried-up". Now, all it takes is $400+ for custom bottom metal, $40+ for a follower and a gunsmith that knows "how" to alter and make feed a looong cartridge.

Bringing this back from the dead… @mtank can I ask you which stock you ended up going with? I'm in the same predicament except my Mark X action doesn't currently have a stock! I'm considering an ArchAngel as it seems very good for the price!

I am not @mtank but I have use a couple of the Archangel brand of stocks for both the Rem. 700 and the Mauser M98. Just be aware that these molded stocks are slightly heavier than standard molded stocks. Not relevant unless you're trying for a lighter weight rifle.

The prices are pretty good and the manufacturing is good when compared to factory offerings.

I have also bought a few of the stocks from Stocky's which work just as good as the AA but cost a little more. The selection of dips is pretty good. The carbon fiber dipped stocks attract a lot of attention. There are a few nice wood stocks available in either solid wood or laminates.

I am not @mtank but I have use a couple of the Archangel brand of stocks for both the Rem. 700 and the Mauser M98. Just be aware that these molded stocks are slightly heavier than standard molded stocks. Not relevant unless you're trying for a lighter weight rifle.

The prices are pretty good and the manufacturing is good when compared to factory offerings.

I have also bought a few of the stocks from Stocky's which work just as good as the AA but cost a little more. The selection of dips is pretty good. The carbon fiber dipped stocks attract a lot of attention. There are a few nice wood stocks available in either solid wood or laminates.

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated!

I've looked @ Brux & Krieger a good bit but hadn't really looked for a 8 twist. Does the lower the number of twist stabilize the heavier bullets or do I have it backwards? For a light weight hunter what contour? I need a barrel, a good trigger & maybe a decent stock. Still have the nice Woodstock but hate mess it up. When you add that stuff up I would be as well off to buy the new Remington 700 awr with the 5r barrel that's on sale right now. I bought the glass for which ever set up today.

Trigger is key too. These guys know what to do.

I would hold some money back to have the safety converted to a Winchester type 3 position.

It will be much more than a stock rem 700. 5r is a rifling shape. You are paying the extra for rifling quality. A Rem 700 may shoot sub-moa groups or it may shoot 2 moa. It does not have the rifling quality of a custom.

How would you define messing up your wood stock? I'm confused. Would you use or not use the stock in your custom build?

From a contour perspective, a number 3 is about standard Sporter size…maybe a bit heavy. Going with a 22" #2 with a 1.2" shank cut as short as possible would be pretty light. My Win 70 is 8.5lbs without the scope. It has a #3 Brux 24". Often times stock rifles have like 1/2" shank out of the action with the shank turned to 1.15" to keep weight down.

What glass did you get?

Last edited: