Improving the 308 Win performance

Yes! Definitely! Let's be ethical and respectful towards the game we pursue and save that " long range" for steel targets. If you can't get closer than 600 yards, maybe one needs to learn how to hunt. I promise, if you can shoot Moa groups at 1000 yards or beyond, making an ethical shot at 25- 200 yards should be quite easy. Lots of things, mostly bad, can happen at long range, that's why they call it hunting, not shooting in my humble opinion.
Oh good grief! Not again.

I've been "hunting" for 60 years and in all types of fashion from spears, hand made wood bows, air rifles, traps, handguns, shotguns, LR and ELR rifles, etc, etc, and there have been many times, especially here in the Rocky Mtn West, I cannot get close to game across deep, vast canyons that take hours to either transverse or go around before an animal wanders off and leaves the area while out of sight. Similar with vast, flat open low grass areas that offer little to no cover for a stalk.

Ethical discussion are not allowed on this forum, but if you find shooting at game, varmints, etc at anything beyond a couple of hundred yards "unethical", then do not do it (Maybe a skills issue?), but please do not lecture those of us who can and do with "learn how to hunt".

In my 6 decades, I have seen FAR, FAR more game of all types wounded and crippled by short range hunters than the skilled and practiced LR, ELR hunters. I wonder, have you wounded or crippled any small game birds, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, varmints, etc, etc or larger game during your lifetime of hunting? If you have hunted much at all, of course you have.

Why is it those who can't always want to lecture those who can? /rhet

Somebody should start a new thread......Please post your 900+yard 308w Elk kills here......we gonna need full reports with pic's/weather data/rifle information. 😅

Is that a dare? 🤔 Watch a bunch of guys go out to try proving a point. 🤠

I'm truly curious, since many are claiming it's a legit Elk rifle at those distances, surely someone has actual experience......I've never killed an elk, heck I've never been elk hunting. But I've been on this web site for almost twenty years and shot long range longer than that. Not once have I ever seen anyone post about a 900yrd+ elk kill with a 308. Maybe I missed it. I'd really love to hear about the whole set up.

I need a higher quality camera to put on my spotter. The video in through the scope is nice and all but goes blurry during the shot. I get good before and after pics but never during. I have a Longshot Hawk for the spotter right now but quality is kind of meh.

Recent Posts