Imperial Sizing Wax

Fellas, I'm not looking for lube.

I was looking to help people that were.

PFGLPHph.jpg

I recently tried the RCBS Case Lube 2 mixed with 99% alcohol. I'd been using lanolin mixed that way and it was harder to remove the lube. The RCBS lube comes of much easier. When I'm done sizing a large batch I toss the cases in the tumbler with no pins for 15 minutes and all the lube is gone. For small batches you can wipe the case off with a dry towel. It comes off that much easier than lanolin.

I've thought about using something else, PB blaster for example. With a wiped down coat - I cannot imagine getting a case stuck with it on there. Just don't want it anywhere else, especially on primers.
Anything that lubricates the case will work just don't contaminate the powder or primers. Some reloading lubricants specifically say they won't. You will want to tumble your brass after using anything else.

I recently bought a tin of Hi-line Precision Hybrid Lanolin/sizing wax on the E- auction site. I tried it recently and I think it may be my new go to lube over Imperial just because of how it performed on .223/5.56 cases. That is my most stubborn cartridge that sticks the most. Plus it's always nice to support a locally made product. I'm not too worried about the availability of Imperial.

I wound up with Hornady Wax recently. I am dealing with a custom die and sizing brass bases down by .004 and one shot spray was sketchy AF. I got the wax to try and it makes that job easy. If I had seen this thread or known about it, I'd bought some off you instead.

I have used all sorts of case lube over the years but lately I have been using the Hornady Unique Case Lube and it seems to work fine. A little goes a long way. I do like the idea of being able to use STP as it is readily available. I will give it a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.