Imperial Sizing Wax

100% bees wax works just as well as Imperial. It requires the tiniest amount and goes a long way.

Cheers.

How many of you have tried olive oil cook and spray. No stuck cases if used in light application even over the whole case. A bit messy and the cases have to be washed so as to not contaminate the primers or the propellant. Lanolin, 3 in one oil and other lubricants also perform well.

Imperial and other waxes are however "cleaner" and more easy to use. They really perform under high pressure. Lee's soluble wax is also handy.

How many of you have tried olive oil cook and spray. No stuck cases if used in light application even over the whole case. A bit messy and the cases have to be washed so as to not contaminate the primers or the propellant. Lanolin, 3 in one oil and other lubricants also perform well.

Imperial and other waxes are however "cleaner" and more easy to use. They really perform under high pressure. Lee's soluble wax is also handy.
LEE's lube is excellent as well

Lol I couldn't find any the other day. So I just bought some petroleum jelly seems to be working just fine. I have always used one shot spray and I got a lee Willis die and they said not to use the one shot so it tried something different. Seems to work a jar from Walmart is like $2 and it will last for ever.

LEE's lube is excellent as well

In 1969, I started reloading rifle cartridges, a 6.5 Italian Carcano to be exact. I started using Quaker State SuperBlend 30w on a stamp pad. That worked well enough for 20 years. Then I moved on to RCBS resizing lube, which reminded me of pine sap (horrible stuff). After dumping that. I started using the Lee Resizing Lubricant In a black and white tube. I couldn't believe how well it worked. Then about 6 years ago, I bought a Larry Willis sizing die, and he highly recommended the Imperial Sizing wax while using his collet die. I bought some, and it worked perfectly on the collet die, which sizes the area above the belt on Magnum cases. I tried the Imperial Wax when resizing some rifle cases (including .270 and .30/06). It worked well, but when I tried resizing with the Lee lubricant again, it seemed to work better, and really cleaned up easier removing it from the sized case with just wiping with a rag.
So long story short, I use the Imperial Sizing wax when using the Larry Willlis collet die, but I use the Lee Resizing Lubricant on everything else.

Last edited:
Not many people seem to know that you can dissolve some Lee lubricant in water and then dump your cases in the solution, take out and let dry. They will then have a thin layer of wax on them and can then be resized.

No sir, but it ought to work fine. How do you clean it off the brass?
Try it and I bet you'll love it, I put a piece of a micro fiber towel in a sierra bullet box and massage some STP in to it ( it don't take much) Dab a finger in the towel just like you would Imperial and wipe on, You will be amazed at how easy your brass resizes, when I'm done I wipe them off with a micro fiber towel with a dab of alcohol on it

Try it and I bet you'll love it, I put a piece of a micro fiber towel in a sierra bullet box and massage some STP in to it ( it don't take much) Dab a finger in the towel just like you would Imperial and wipe on, You will be amazed at how easy your brass resizes, when I'm done I wipe them off with a micro fiber towel with a dab of alcohol on it
Sounds good to me. Thanks. I'll give it a whirl next time!
I spin my brass in a drill motor/chuck with fine steel wool to remove the Imperial and clean the brass in one motion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.