If you could only have 3 long guns, which would you choose?

If I could only have 3 long guns (trick question right?): 6.5cm, 280AI, 300RUM. It breaks my heart not to have my 308 in this list, love that rifle, fun to shoot and awesome barrel life. Interested in 243 --sounds fun to shoot --never tried one. Would love a cheytac (375 maybe?), but have no place to shoot that. Would spend my nights cryin' about the rifles I couldn't have..... Got a shotgun, use it to hunt deer where rifle is not allowed, but I only use the crude beast where necessary. Don't really consider that a long gun.

I already answered but I'm also thinking

.22 Mag

.300 Blackout

6.5 CM or .260 Remington

That's a good top three right there! :D

6.5 (Creedmoor or x47), .30/06 (M1), and .50 BMG.
I can hunt anything I want with the first two, and target/match shoot as well. The .50 is for Zombies and such. At distance. You know. Don't want them getting too close!

.22 LR - for plinking, having fun, training new people, taking out vermin in close proximity to neighbors (sub-sonic ammo is great for this.)

12 ga - gotta have something to cover the things that fly. Nothing is more versatile (but I wouldn't feel unduly handicapped with a 20 ga. and modern ammo.)

.375 H&H Magnum - covers all the game a .22LR can't handle, including Africa's big 5; can reload to tame it down for deer and such.

Fun mental exercise. God Bless America...where we are fortunate to have the ability to own far more than just three long guns. Remember that when you vote in 2020...you will vote, right?
So true . Amen to that Brother and your picks are right on by me.

22 k hornet; 270 wsm; 300 wsm on long action
Hey, I like your thinking on the .22 K-Hornet. When we had the Great .22 LR Shortage (thanks for that NoBama...) a reloadable, mild cartridge would have been just the 'ticket' to be able to keep shooting something light kicking and fun. And the K-Hornet = more stable brass (less 'growth/stretch') and more power if needed, but can still be down-loaded to .22LR speeds. A great, versatile round...that we can reload for, so nice pick!

Makes me feel kinda sick just trying to think about answering a question like that. I'm having a lot more fun thinking about what are the next 3 components I'm going to buy for my 300 Blackout pistol build.
Ok... I'll humor you.... I have a lot of fun taking care of yard varmints with my Savage 17HMR. My old 12ga 1187 has about had it, but it was my bread and butter gun for over 20 years. Now that I can hunt deer in my county with a rifle, my 25-06 Browning X-Bolt.
This is just B.S. How could I not include an AR-15. Great for personal/family protection, critters that are out a couple hundred yards, and just plain fun to shoot and play with.