If you could only have 3 long guns, which would you choose?

17hmr as my small game unlimited pot filler, 6.5 grendel in an AR15 as my woods rifle and defensive gun if things get crazy, and more than likely something in a 6.5 that shoots fast , 6.5 prc, 6.5-284 for long range medium game and sniper duty if things get crazy. I live in ga, so I have no need for a big magnum .
Of course, not included because they arent rifles would be my mossberg 12ga pump and my S&W 1911 with the EB match barrel and venom reflex sight.
I already have all those but the fast 6.5. I have a creed instead. Which would be fine, I suppose. I'd just like the extra energy at extended range if I got nailed down to 3 rifles.

Last edited:
22lr for plinking, small game, and training youngsters. 20 gauge pump for skeet, birds, snakes, and training youngsters. 270 win with hammers for anything from foxes to moose. I could easy live with that but I like my 243, and 6.5 Grendel quite well also.

I will never get down to 3 guns either. Actually today, I own the least amount of guns that I will ever own. But because I have a few that I still reeeeeaallly want, I should consider selling off a couple that I just don't shoot anymore. I have a one-jagged-hole .257 wby with a leupold vxIII. It's a shame I don't hunt with it anymore but I have a just as accurate 6.5 and 7mag that have become my go to guns. As a matter of fact outside of my 22 WMR, they are all I hunt with. Maybe I should part with a couple to pay for the 300 PRC and the new Nightforce...

Three is a little bit of a challenge. But I guess I could work with it. Might have to have 6 or 7 of each of the three.
22 lr
28 caliber mag of some type
300 win mag

->Ruger 96/22 magnum (lever gun)

->Browning X-Bolt Pro 6.5 PRC

->Browning A-Bolt .300 Win mag

But range toys like subguns and 5.6 assault type rifles are fun to own as well.

Eric B.

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT! Not saying these would be my best choices but there's no way I could not keep my 257 Roberts, 264 WM, and 300 Wby! I've had the Roberts and WM over 40 years and the Wby over 30 years.

Maybe I should pair down my collection. Truthfully, I have my favorites and the others could be framed and hung on a wall. Some are invaluable but for sentimental reasons. I'm not asking for those to be included in the list. But let's say, purely for whimsical gab, that you could only have 3 calibers, any calibers, which would you choose?
22LR ( CZ 457 LUX)
.308 (M110 SASS)
.375 H&H ( Jarrett Professional Hunter )