I will not be getting 'the vaccine'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I will get it.....not yet. I just cant see it being made so fast, no long term trials, and already adverse effects coming up. Look at how long flu vacc has been out....only 40% effective they say. This came out way too fast for me to feel comfortable and with my general distrust of our government I for one will pass for now.

Its your right not to choose to take it but if this never seems to go away and the vaccines have progressed and become even more widely accepted, I could easily see this become a requirement in order for your kids to go back to the classroom in school or your grandparents getting into a nursing home or assisted living or even for you to board a cruise ship. In all likelihood, we may never see the day when we get back to where we were before all of this started. Things like movie theaters, packed concerts, and packed sports stadiums are more than likely a thing of the past.
I like how you start this out, "it's your right not to choose BUT", it's that "but" word that comes across as "I know more than you do" and when I read through the thread you come across as defensive and continue to explain why we should think like you do. It's ok to disagree, it's a dangerous line when things become mandatory, especially when large percentages of the mass don't agree with it. We will see packed movie theatres, packed concerts, packed churches etc. Covid is not the end all. I disagree with much of your perspective and that's ok.

So if this vaccine works so well then the people getting the vaccine should not have to worry about getting it from those that do not want it. Problem solved.

I like how you start this out, "it's your right not to choose BUT", it's that "but" word that comes across as "I know more than you do" and when I read through the thread you come across as defensive and continue to explain why we should think like you do. It's ok to disagree, it's a dangerous line when things become mandatory, especially when large percentages of the mass don't agree with it. We will see packed movie theatres, packed concerts, packed churches etc. Covid is not the end all. I disagree with much of your perspective and that's ok.
Actually, it's not that I know more than you. Its that there could be consequences. Your children currently can't go to school without certain vaccines. Why is it so unimaginable that a covid vaccine be added to the list at some point or that it be a requirement for a nursing home resident or employee? It's your right not to take the vaccine but it isn't your right to give the virus to someone else. That's what the mask issue is about. They are not making you wear them to force you to protect yourself. They are making you wear them to protect everyone else.

Nobody's MAKING me do anything!!
You do have the option of not going in establishments that enforce mask mandates. If you do choose to go in, they are making you.

Also, watching the news this morning, I saw where there have already been discussions about requiring school teachers getting the vaccine. The federal government says they won't require it but that could change over time.

There was 5 businesses that brought a suit over the mask thing and won.
At least there's still some common sense around here for now. What kills me all the so called experts that talk about how important it is to wear a mask you never hear about talk of transmission through touch with your bare hands. Everyday I have interaction with different people who wear a mask but give or take things from me with there bare hands ya don't think viruses are transmitted that way!
What have we been told forever DONT SNEEZE INTO YOUR BARE HANDS!
ALOT OF COMMON SENSE GOES ALONG WAYS!

Last edited:
Actually, it's not that I know more than you. Its that there could be consequences. Your children currently can't go to school without certain vaccines. Why is it so unimaginable that a covid vaccine be added to the list at some point or that it be a requirement for a nursing home resident or employee? It's your right not to take the vaccine but it isn't your right to give the virus to someone else. That's what the mask issue is about. They are not making you wear them to force you to protect yourself. They are making you wear them to protect everyone else.
I have no school age children and if I did I would home school. My daughter had her associate degree at 17, bachelors at 19 and masters at 21. I would accelerate that more if I had more kids and with most schooling online there would be no need for a vaccine. Nobody lives their lives only thinking about everyone else, that is apparent in our society. We cannot even get drivers to be considerate of other drivers yet all we hear with covid is how we need to think of other people. Very few day are considerate of others in any aspect of life yet now everyone suddenly expects all that to change just due to covid. How absurd is that thought process? Are cigarette smokers considerate of others by not throwing their butts everywhere? No. Can we even get people to throw their trash into receptacles instead of on the roadside or ground? No. Can we get gun chewers to throw their spent gum into trash cans instead of the ground? No. Can we have packages delivered to our doorstep without worrying about people stealing them off our porches? No. So how in the world do you think anyone is so concerned about not giving covid to you?

A couple years ago I was sitting in my cardiologists office waiting for him to get done with other patients. The walls were thing and I could hear an older guy next to me coughing frequently. I could also hear his conversation with the doctor when he came in and he asked about the cough. The old guy said he has TB. Now was he wearing a mask to keep from giving it to anyone? Of course not. I realize now how many people we were around prior to covid, unknowingly and if never affected anyone, people went on with their life. Now that we know of covid it has been a life changer and nobody can go anywhere without someone worrying about dying from it. Why was this not the case before with other contagious diseases? Like I stated, if the vaccine works then get it and stop worrying about how I may give it to you. You live your life and I live mine, if you are so worried about exposure modify your life an do not ask me to modify mine to benefit you. We are not a communist country where everything we do is monitored and mandated and freedom is unheard of. Honestly though we are quickly getting to that point in our country.

I have no school age children and if I did I would home school. My daughter had her associate degree at 17, bachelors at 19 and masters at 21. I would accelerate that more if I had more kids and with most schooling online there would be no need for a vaccine. Nobody lives their lives only thinking about everyone else, that is apparent in our society. We cannot even get drivers to be considerate of other drivers yet all we hear with covid is how we need to think of other people. Very few day are considerate of others in any aspect of life yet now everyone suddenly expects all that to change just due to covid. How absurd is that thought process? Are cigarette smokers considerate of others by not throwing their butts everywhere? No. Can we even get people to throw their trash into receptacles instead of on the roadside or ground? No. Can we get gun chewers to throw their spent gum into trash cans instead of the ground? No. Can we have packages delivered to our doorstep without worrying about people stealing them off our porches? No. So how in the world do you think anyone is so concerned about not giving covid to you?

A couple years ago I was sitting in my cardiologists office waiting for him to get done with other patients. The walls were thing and I could hear an older guy next to me coughing frequently. I could also hear his conversation with the doctor when he came in and he asked about the cough. The old guy said he has TB. Now was he wearing a mask to keep from giving it to anyone? Of course not. I realize now how many people we were around prior to covid, unknowingly and if never affected anyone, people went on with their life. Now that we know of covid it has been a life changer and nobody can go anywhere without someone worrying about dying from it. Why was this not the case before with other contagious diseases? Like I stated, if the vaccine works then get it and stop worrying about how I may give it to you. You live your life and I live mine, if you are so worried about exposure modify your life an do not ask me to modify mine to benefit you. We are not a communist country where everything we do is monitored and mandated and freedom is unheard of. Honestly though we are quickly getting to that point in our country.
So you are saying that people who don't wear masks are like rude drivers who toss their cigarette butts out the window. I guess that's because they can't smoke in public in order to protect others.

So you are saying that people who don't wear masks are like rude drivers who toss their cigarette butts out the window. I guess that's because they can't smoke in public in order to protect others.
I think he is saying just the opposite about how non-smokers cannot control smokers etc. etc. not trying to be argumentative don't want to get more crap started but at least up till now this is been America land of the free and we are still free from others forcing us to do what they say we must and take away our choice at least for the most part

Are you wearing gloves every were you go, every time you take or hand somebody money? Go to the post office or mail box to get your mail? Go to the grocery store and get grocery? Go to the gas station and fill up your vehicle? The list goes on and on.
Wear a mask if you want i got no problem with it seems theres people who have that don't seems to be a one sided problem.
I've been taught my almost 60 years of my life this is suppose to be a free country to make our own choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts