I will forever be grateful

Carlos88

1662744755101.png

And I know what you mean. Hunting without my dad isn't the same. It's been 10 years and it feels like yesterday.

My wife and my dad got along very well, he took her in like the daughter he never had. When my wife started shooting and hunting he teached her a lot, he didn't let me do it much, he wanted to do it LOL. He loved teaching new shooters and hunters, and she was no exception. She still misses him to this day.

Like I said, the memories live forever.

And I know what you mean. Hunting without my dad isn't the same. It's been 10 years and it feels like yesterday.

My wife and my dad got along very well, he took her in like the daughter he never had. When my wife started shooting and hunting he teached her a lot, he didn't let me do it much, he wanted to do it LOL. He loved teaching new shooters and hunters, and she was no exception. She still misses him to this day.

Like I said, the memories live forever.
Amen brother.

I regret that I don't have any photos hunting with my Dad but I do have some cave drawings.... Its funny how we photo op for everything today but so many years ago cameras were not common in packs. Heck packs were not common! You carried essentials in pockets. This was old school Adirondack hunting that was so common with Buffalo plaid jackets, green woolie pants, toboggan hats. I don't have a photo but I remember it clearly. I have Dad's 94 that I recently gave to my son to carry on with him.

My best hunts are with my son, hands down! Successful hunts are the memories of us hunting together. A kill only adds to the memories.

We take tons of pics, I try to find a memorable one that represents the hunt and frame for Christmas for him. He looks forward to the photo every year.