I will forever be grateful

Man this is Heart Touching!!! Maybe because I never experienced it with a father. Making my memories with my son is one of the Greatest pleasures in life. As iv gotten older and slower I think he cherishes our time in the outdoors as much as I do if not more. I'm Blessed for sure. View attachment 393211
What a great picture. My Dad didn't have a teacher as his Dad didn't like guns. My Grandmother put her foot down, bought him his first .22 and then his first "deer" rifle which was a pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06. That was back when they drove dirt roads from their home to Eagle Pass, TX. She bought him .22 ammo and cautioned him about conserving as it was expensive for them. He loved shooting so much he ultimately qualified for a slot on the 3-position National Championship team in Mexico. Didn't make it to the Olympics which was his ultimate dream.

I still remember sitting in his lap when he resized brass on a C&H press and he let me blow out the primer pocket after he cleaned it with a Grace flat bladed screwdriver (which is still made BTW). That was around 1962-63 and likely the reason I'm hopelessly hooked on rifles & reloading.

What a great picture. My Dad didn't have a teacher as his Dad didn't like guns. My Grandmother put her foot down, bought him his first .22 and then his first "deer" rifle which was a pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06. That was back when they drove dirt roads from their home to Eagle Pass, TX. She bought him .22 ammo and cautioned him about conserving as it was expensive for them. He loved shooting so much he ultimately qualified for a slot on the 3-position National Championship team in Mexico. Didn't make it to the Olympics which was his ultimate dream.

I still remember sitting in his lap when he resized brass on a C&H press and he let me blow out the primer pocket after he cleaned it with a Grace flat bladed screwdriver (which is still made BTW). That was around 1962-63 and likely the reason I'm hopelessly hooked on rifles & reloading.
1662821386197.png

You wouldn't believe how fast and well they clean LR primers pockets. 👍