Huskemaw Scopes, My First

I prefer MOA turret. Using a custom turret per given load demands complete consistency. That will fly for a period of time but in my experience, not for the life of the rifle. Create and verify clicks with a favorite load, make your drop chart, re-verify in the field, and go hunting.

So far, I'm using all MOA.

I have owned two Huskemaw 5x20 scopes, one, the standard model, the other a Blue Diamond. After a few years of extensive use, both have performed perfectly. As to optical quality, I have also found it to be excellent and it's hard to see any optical quality difference between the two models. I like the lighter weight and shorter length compared to my Nightforces. They look and feel nicely balanced on my Cooper 520, and Savage LRH, 6.5x284 rifles. The Blue Diamond has a slightly different reticle, with 10 vs 5, one minute windage markers on the horizontal wire. The blue turrets are far easier to read in low light conditions compared to those on any other of the scopes I own. At first I didn't like the color, but being far sighted, now use the Blue turrets on my standard model as well. A while back I took a bad fall and hit the bell of my Blue Diamond so hard that the front scope base screws were bent and the scope base pulled slightly off the Cooper's receiver. I thought for sure the scope had to be damaged. I replaced both mounts, fully tested the scope, and found no damage at all. With over a dozen good kills on deer and antelope between 500 and 1000 yards, I have developed a high level of confidence
using these scopes.

Derek, no problem getting another turret if you need one. Or just use the one that comes with it. All my shooting so far has been with the numbered turret that comes with it. I just sent in the info for my custom turret.

The turret that comes with it is numbered 1-60 clicks. I have my cheat sheet to how many clicks at each 100 yards by actual shooting. For instance the 1100 yard shot was 59 clicks. I turned the dial to 59 and dead on.

Do you know why it's such a great scope? It's easy do you know manufactures huskemuaw scopes?

Shhhhhhhhh.......... Don't tell anyone it's Night Force
No, according to my gunsmith its a fancy Tasco. However, i love mine. it is the best and easiest scope i ever seen. it does what it was suppose to do with repeatability. i will definetly buy another and i like the blue turret

Grey fox, reading your post makes me believe its a tasco. So, is it a Tasco or not?
What company makes it? Who is making the glass? is the glass the same as NF?

I have one of the huskemaw scopes when they first hit the market. It has never lost it's zero and has tracked flawlessly. It has been cranked up and down so many times that I'd sure had a problem if there was any inferior quality.

It's not a nightforce but after all these years and the amount of miles on horseback and a pack I've come to the conclusion I don't need anything with a better reputation.

Grey fox, reading your post makes me believe its a tasco. So, is it a Tasco or not?
What company makes it? Who is making the glass? is the glass the same as NF?

Sorry Kennedy, your stement doesn't make much sense to me. Not sure what I said that would lead you to believe it was a Tacso other than I said it wasn't a Tasco. My understanding is that the Japanese manufacturer that produces the lenses and erectors for Nightforce also produces the same for Huskemaw. They may also produce components for other manufacturers as well, like Tasco. It wouldn't make all of them, including Nightforce, a Tasco. Each scope company has their scopes built to a specific set of specifications even when common component suppliers and assemblers are utilized.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts