Huskemaw scope for my Savage?

Sako75,

I'm guessing you've looked through one? Please tell. I looked through one once and equated it a Leupold VX3 as far as optics are concerned.

I first want to say that I really wanted a Husk after reading about them. It sounded like the cats meow of scopes to me. Now that being said...I have looked through probably 6 or 7 of their scopes now. I am no optics expert so I cant really say it has good of this and bad of that and stuff thats technical. I do however know when I am looking through good glass and when I am not. I also think that certain peoples eyes see through different glass differently. For instance my Dad hates looking through anything Swarovski. For some reason they just dont get along. I cant see what he describes with it and other than cost I am a fan of Swaro's stuff. I for one, cannot stand Burris. Alot of people like Burris and I look through their glass of any level and it looks like crud to me. It is washed out, everything has a haze to it, like looking through milky water. That's basically what I saw with the Husks. Same washed out type of look. The color definition was terrible, the clarity was sub par at best, and the feel of the scope felt on the cheap side. Are they on par with the $250 to maybe $500 range of scopes MAYBE. Are they in the $1K to $2K class of optics? Not even close IMHO

The last place I was looking at them was at a sports show in SLC. UT. I looked through the Husks alot while I stood there for 15 minutes waiting to talk to the guys and they didnt even acknowledge I was standing there. Finally my wife was the one that got mad and said to heck with this lets keep looking. That however has nothing to do with the quality of the scopes. If the scope was good I would say the scope is good and the guys in their booths are not, in this case it was both. Not 75 feet away was the Vortex booth. we went straight to there from Husks and the I will tell you, again IMHO, the PST is 5 times the scope the Husk is. The Vortex Razor HD on top of that was one of the most amazing scopes I have ever looked through and am currently saving my pennies to get one from Scott!

The only way for one to really know is to look through one. I HIGHLY encourage anyone looking to buy Husk to look through one first before dropping the coin. You may or may not like what your seeing. Compare them with other optics in the price range. I bet most wont go with the Husk.

Thanks for expounding Sako75, I know people's eyes are different. Like I said I thought they compared nicely to the Leupold VX3 to my eyes. Thanks again

Nightforce is proven for not much difference in price and is one of the best around

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.