What’s the right scope for my rifle?

jubin

The million dollar?? What's the right scope for my rifle?
I just purchased a Remington 700 7mm mag and I want to put a scope on it. I will be doing some hunting with it but also some long range target shooting (a sports utility rifleJ). I have been looking at the Nikon and the Leopold scopes. What should I buy for what I am looking to do? Please keep in mind I am a novice in this area so please be nice.

Knowing your range for hunting and also how far you plan to LR target shoot would help answer your question.
The best advise I can give so far is to spend as much as you can afford on your scope. My last scope I spent a little more and can tell a huge difference.

I believe most scopes are he right one for your rifle...... The question is, which scope is right for you? What are you hunting, whats the terrain, and at what range do you plan on taking your shot? Assuming you are on a long range hunting forum for a reason, do you prefer to twist on knobs or, are you looking for a bdc type reticle? Are you more familiar with MOA or Mills? Just a few questions to ponder. If you arent really in need of a variable power scope, a fixed power scope at $700 will get you in the optics performance range of the $1,700 variable power scopes. Once you narrow down the above, your search will be much easier. Leupold and Nikon are good scopes. Depending on your budget, you might also consider Vortex. US Optics also makes a fantastic scope. If your budget is more constrained, SWFA has some pretty nice optics for the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts