How many of you enter shooting competitions?

Are you going to the National Silhouette Championships in Ridgeway, PA this month?

No, and I haven't for a while. Just local matches and the Arizona State Championships. Did shoot the High Power Championships 3 times at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico.

Did shoot a lot in Mexico though, grew up there and it's pretty big in some states down there, especially Sonora and Chihuahua. But I avoid going there now, except for vacation in tourist places.

No, and I haven't for a while. Just local matches and the Arizona State Championships. Did shoot the High Power Championships 3 times at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico.

Did shoot a lot in Mexico though, grew up there and it's pretty big in some states down there, especially Sonora and Chihuahua. But I avoid going there now, except for vacation in tourist places.

Don't blame you for avoiding the areas down there now.

We love us some Fclass....the wife and I try to make as many as we can......Hope to dabble in some PRS later this year or next.

I belong to a gun club and every Sunday we have some type of match. Some for precision shooting, some for speed. Granted we can only shoot to 200 yards, but what we do does keep us on our toes so to speak. I will also travel to distant locations to shoot long range buffalo rifle matches at Alliance NE - Sagebrush [1000 yards], Forsyth MT - Quigley[800 yards] and a friends in McCook NE [1200 yards].

Last edited:
I try to shoot at least 1 match per month. 200 to 1000 yard. different foremats, not sactioned events. My health and age limit my hunting, benchrest fills the void

I shot mostly handgun competitions and some limited 3 gun. Pretty heavily in PPC, IDPA. Some Bianchi Cup, Steel Challenge and ICORE.

I've been shooting High Power for about 40+ years now. Anymore I have my good matches and there's the not so good matches. I went back to service rifle about 2 years ago. Shooting a lighter rifle. A -14- pound gun is a little too much for me offhand. Prone rifle, M-70 Winchester is 14 lbs. It's a social event for me now. I still enjoy the competition!

Well I actually like shooting rifles more. But there weren't many rifle competitions that I was interested in where I lived. Plus it was cheaper to shoot handguns.

NRA/CMP style one hand bullseye pistol is much harder than service rifle. I tried to go Double Distinguished with 1911 and ball ammo, blew my shoulder just as I was peaking. There went the box I wasn't able to check off.

Tip my hat to pistol shooters.

I've been shooting High Power for about 40+ years now. Anymore I have my good matches and there's the not so good matches. I went back to service rifle about 2 years ago. Shooting a lighter rifle. A -14- pound gun is a little too much for me offhand. Prone rifle, M-70 Winchester is 14 lbs. It's a social event for me now. I still enjoy the competition!

Glory to the old folks.. keep on truckin.. give them young ones a good run..

Recent Posts