How to find match shooting competitions

Jpron

So I'm looking to find a match in Wisconsin or mn or even Ia next year. I've never done one before and I'd like to check it out. Really I'd like to get my daughter started in it. Googling doesn't really get me much info. I'd like to find something low key more less for just seeing what it's all about. Thanks

Might help if you specify what type of matches you are looking for, there are many-many types: PRS, F-class, ELR, the fire starting kind…😂

You might try your local gun range. There's 4 near me that have non sanctioned matches all the time. It's usually a pretty friendly environment yet still some fantastic shooters with a huge amount of knowledge that are usually willing to share knowledge. Also a good place to find good local gunsmithing at least in my experience. Definitely an eye opener the first time you shoot competition long range lol but if you don't let it discourage you, in time it will really improve your skills vs just plinking steel for fun

From there you can find the club's website and facebook. A lot of groups are active on facebook posting different matches and dates.

As stated above check out the nrl and prs websites if thats what you are wanting to shoot. Also dont shy down on the 22 stuff. I shoot all of it and the 22 is very laid back but is probably more fun than the centerfire.

If you are near Winnequah in Lodi Wisconsin that would be your best bet.
If you are looking to becoming a better shot in the field highpower shooting ATC would be your best bet.
It is a 3 position event shot at 200, 300 and 600 yards.
Steve Bair